Fleet Support Administrator
Job Title: Fleet Support Administrator
The Client: Staffline Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide. We currently have a vacancy for Fleet support with our client based in Dublin 12.
The Role: The Fleet Support's primary responsibility is to ensure the ongoing management of our digitalized systems across PLT & CVT channels and to ensure that our service level agreements for our commercial customers is maintained regardless of the network used and the role will assume responsibility for the management of a network of 3rd party service providers and monthly measurement of the Service Level Agreement through a Dashboard / KPI deliverables. The role will require an ability to prioritize key tasks whilst delivering a professional solution to day to day customer queries.
As part of the team, you will:
- Be the Key User for Fleet Partner including;
- Administration of the Systems Master Data, User Access, Pricing Maintenance, Rules and trade Agreements
- Contact For Fleet Partner Relevant Questions
- Authorization of Purchase orders
- Training of Fleet partners, Remotely and Internal
- Techniques and Interfaces
- Invoicing & Claim handling
- Conduct Service Provider Network analysis to review SLA KPI's.
- Manage the master data input on all fleet systems from DIDAC to e365 to Fleet Partner to Fleet Fox to ensure data accuracy across all systems - including vehicle set up and reporting
- Take ownership and responsibility for documentation of new processes to manage the fleet business in areas such as network extension via service providers, buy back price adherence, service provider purchase order and reimbursement and 3rd party adherence to specific customer level SLA's and collaboratively work with other departments (BSU Debtors, Operations) to proactively improve the company's offer to our customer base.
- Work across all channels (CVT PLT) in the Fleet Business to drive improvements to the customer experience
Hours of Work: 9am -5pm Monday to Friday
- Proven track record of working with systems and tracking performance through KPI' or Dashboard reports.
- Experience in managing deliverables through third parties
- Proven Experience and competence in working with internal reporting systems e.g. Oracle, and Excel
- Ability to implement improvement processes and initiatives.
- Knowledge, and ideally experience, of working in a client facing role in a professional services environment.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team whilst maintaining focus on area of responsibility.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organisation including management of remote service provider's adherence to SLA
- Strong relationship skills, with the drive to deliver on customer promise
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to work on multiple opportunities simultaneously.
In Return: Pay in the region of €25-28k
An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company.
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Sinead Healy at our Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.