Temporary Fleet Technician required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £12.95 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 2 months pending review
- To carry out as directed, the full range of work normally associated with this trade in relation to the servicing, preparation, maintenance and repair of all heavy goods vehicles (HGV), light goods vehicles (LGV) and miscellaneous vehicles, attachments and items of mobile plant
- To prepare vehicles for annual testing and to observe, recognise and report promptly on any vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure
- To provide as required, to all relevant personnel job costing and time recording information using the documentation provided
- To participate in a 24 hour emergency callout service
- To drive vehicles as required and to participate in a mobile workshop service in all areas of the city
- To interpret, implement and have due regard to technical servicing and repair instructions and manufacturers specifications
- To carry out as directed diagnostic testing on all vehicles and items of mobile plant, using all items of plant, machinery and equipment supplied
- To carry out minor bodywork and painting work on vehicles and mobile plant
- To participate, as directed, in all quality assurance procedures and initiatives, including the completion and submission of appropriate documentation
- To participate as required in vehicle cleaning and inspection procedures and documentation of same
- To participate in a 'triage' system of fault diagnosis, evaluation and repair
- To liaise with and provide appropriate information to stores personnel
- Have a full, current driving licence which enables the post-holder to drive in Northern Ireland
- Have an NVQ Level III in Motor Vehicle Engineering or equivalent relevant qualification
- At least one year's relevant experience in each of the following three areas:
- working in a diverse fleet maintenance and management environment;
- working on both HGV and LGV vehicles; and
- working with vehicle attachments and miscellaneous items of mobile plant
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.