Rate of Pay: £13.18
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the Team Leader and other appropriate officers for the undertaking of the appropriate preparation and repair of the client's fleet of vehicles and mobile plant as directed within the Fleet Management Unit, either individually or as part of a team.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To carry out as directed, the full range of work normally associated with this trade in relation to the servicing, preparation, maintenance and repair of all heavy goods vehicles (HGV), light goods vehicles (LGV) and miscellaneous vehicles, attachments and items of mobile plant.
- To prepare vehicles for annual testing and to observe, recognise and report promptly on any vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To provide as required, to all relevant personnel job costing and time recording information using the documentation provided.
- To participate in a 24 hour emergency callout service, if so required.
- To drive client vehicles as required and to participate in a mobile workshop service in all areas of the city, if so directed.
- To interpret, implement and have due regard to technical servicing and repair instructions and manufacturers specifications, where required.
- To carry out as directed diagnostic testing on all vehicles and items of mobile plant, using all items of plant, machinery and equipment supplied.
- To carry out minor bodywork and painting work on vehicles and mobile plant, as directed.
- To participate, as directed, in all quality assurance procedures and initiatives, including the completion and submission of appropriate documentation.
- To participate as required in vehicle cleaning and inspection procedures and documentation of same.
- To participate in a 'triage' system of fault diagnosis, evaluation and repair where required to do so.
- To liaise with and provide appropriate information to stores personnel
- To assist in on-the-job coaching and training, for example, new employees, contractors and temporarily assigned apprentices etc.
- To undertake such training as may be identified for the maintenance of essential craft skills.
- To motivate and manage any staff, that may be assigned, to the post holder to ensure effective service delivery and to be responsible for reviewing and implementing a proper staff training and development programme.
- To participate in all induction and in-service training provided by the client and in the induction and support of all newly appointed staff and other human resource management policies and procedures, as appropriate, including, absence management, disciplinary and grievance procedure.
- To participate as directed in the client's recruitment and selection procedures.
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms:
- have a full, current LGV Category C driving licence which enables the post-holder to drive in Northern Ireland;
- have an NVQ/City and Guilds Level III in Motor Vehicle Engineering or an equivalent relevant qualification;
- and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year's relevant experience in each of the following three areas:
- working in a diverse fleet maintenance and management environment;
- carrying out servicing, maintenance and repair of both HGV and LGV vehicles; and maintaining and repairing vehicle attachments and miscellaneous items of mobile plant.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.