Temporary Fleet Technician required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £12.60 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To carry out full range of work normally associated with this trade in relation to the servicing, preparation, maintenance and repair of all heavy goods vehicles (HGV), light goods vehicles (LGV) and miscellaneous vehicles, attachments and items of mobile plant
- To prepare vehicles for annual testing and to recognise and report promptly on any vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure
- To provide all relevant personnel job costing and time recording information using the documentation provided
- Participate in a 24 hour emergency callout service, if so required
- Drive vehicles as required and to participate in a mobile workshop service in all areas of the city,
- To interpret, implement and have due regard to technical servicing and repair instructions and manufacturers specifications
- To carry out as directed diagnostic testing on all vehicles and items of mobile plant, using items of machinery and equipment supplied
- To carry out minor bodywork and painting work on vehicles and mobile plant
- To participate in quality assurance procedures and initiatives, including the completion and submission of appropriate documentation
- Participate as required in vehicle cleaning and inspection procedures
- To participate in a 'triage' system of fault diagnosis, evaluation and repair
- To liaise with and provide appropriate information to stores personnel
- To carry out all duties in accordance with health and safety legislation and/or codes of practice
- Undertake training as may be identified for the maintenance of essential craft skills
- A full, current driving licence which enables the post-holder to drive in Northern Ireland
- NVQ Level III in Motor Vehicle Engineering or equivalent relevant qualification
- At least one years experience working in a diverse fleet maintenance environment, working on both HGV and LGV vehicles and working with attachments/miscellaneous items of mobile plant
- Appropriate Health & Safety knowledge
- Ability to be commercially aware of servicing, preparation, maintenance and report of HGV and LGV vehicles
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for similar positions.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.