Floating Support Co-ordinator - Belfast
Floating Support Co-ordinator
£21,525 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Floating Support Co-ordinator on a permanent full-time basis, located in Belfast. Work hours will be between 9.00 am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, and there will be some evening and weekend shifts outside the core hours.
Our client is one of Belfast's most well-known charities that help people affected by homelessness providing a range of potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of the homeless community in Belfast.
- You will coordinate a comprehensive Floating Support Service for up to 100 people many of whom have experienced extreme homelessness and have complex and multiple needs. The service aims to prevent homelessness by providing housing related support which helps people to maintain their own accommodation and live independently and inclusively in the community.
- You will have a good understanding of team leadership, delivering services to people with complex needs and a strong understanding of tenancy sustainment. You must be able to work to the ethos of high tolerance, low threshold services.
- 1 years' experience delivering services to people who have complex needs and can be challenging and/or hard to engage i.e. mental health, alcohol and drug use, rough sleepers etc.
- 1 years' experience of providing floating support to homeless people or similar client group
- 6 months experience working within a housing related field, homelessness, housing, tenancy sustainment, housing advice etc.
- Experience of implementing policies and procedures; multi-agency and multi-disciplinary work
- Can make decisions, solution focused and remain calm in crisis situations, multitask and work effectively under pressure with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and across teams and share knowledge
- IT proficient with knowledge of Microsoft products
- Friendly, approachable, highly motivated, resourceful and passionate about reducing the numbers of people experiencing homelessness
- Committed to advocating for and raising awareness of the issues homeless people face
- Highly effective and committed to personal and professional development
- Non-judgemental with the ability to empathise, resilient and self-caring
- Understanding of the nature of good leadership
- Knowledge of project management, reviews and delivery of outcomes, to collate and scrutinise statistical information and produce qualitative and quantitative reports
- Knowledge of planning and coordinating services
- Knowledge of good practise in support planning and managing risk
- All round knowledge of housing related/tenancy sustainment issues
- Sound knowledge of agencies available to clients in the statutory and voluntary sector.
- Driving licence of 2 years and current clean driving licence
- £21,525 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Access to superb training and development to develop your skills, professional supervision and support
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.