Floating Support Project Worker - Derry/Londonderry
Floating Support Project Worker
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Floating Support Project Worker on a full time permanent basis, 35 hours per week, based in Derry/Londonderry.
Our client is one of the most well known cross border charities, supporting some of the most marginalised individuals, couples and families experiencing homelessness. Our client also works in five main areas of provision: Prevention |Families & Young People |High Support | Accommodation | Health & Rehabilitation | Housing
If you have 1 year paid experience or 2 years volunteering experience working with vulnerable adults with complex needs then we would love to hear from you. You'll also need to hold a driving licence and access to a car to fulfil the job duties.
You will be challenged, you will be resilient, in a very rewarding role and you will positively make a difference to the lives of those you support.
As a Floating Support Project Worker you will:
- Assist in a community based service that covers the City and surrounding areas with the aim of preventing homelessness.
- Work in a Harm Reduction Floating Support service that provides one-to-one confidential support to assist people who are experiencing difficulties with their tenancy, and are at risk of homelessness due to alcohol and substance use.
- Visit people at their request in their own homes, and tailor the support our client offers to meet their particular needs and reduce the risk of homelessness.
- 3 GCSE's A-C to include Maths and English or equivalent
- 1 years paid experience or 2 years volunteering experience working with vulnerable adults with complex needs and challenging behaviours.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management processes (i.e. S/U Risk assessment, Lone Working, Activity Risk Assessments)
- Understanding of issues presented through alcohol /drug use
- Full driving licence and access to a car eligible for business insurance
- Working knowledge of using IT systems to record case notes
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand the importance for Health and Safety in a residential setting.
- Working knowledge of relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and the ability to network/liaise with all relevant bodies
- Knowledge and willingness to work within the guidelines of the vision mission and values.
- Ability to work on a rota basis (7 day week - Mornings, Evenings & Week-Ends).
*DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, WE WILL ONLY CONTACT CANDIDATES WHO OUTLINE HOW THEY MEET THE CRITERIA*
- Competitive salary (TBD at interview)
- Comprehensive induction and continued on the job support
- Genuine development opportunities
- Training initiatives
- Private Health and Wellbeing plan
- 25 days annual leave plus 10 statutory holidays
- Occupational sick pay
- Maternity pay
- Income protection insurance
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692/07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.