FLOATING SUPPORT WORKER
37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
£21,450 PER ANNUM
Main Duties and Tasks
Responsible for developing an individually tailored wrap-around Support Service, meeting the needs of people who are in their own tenancy. The Floating Support Worker will ensure tenancy sustainment, promote independence and link individuals in with the community.
Providing the service
Ensure all housing related support needs are met including:
· Addressing issues of social isolation and exclusion, facilitating clients' involvement in the community.
· Provide practical support to make clients' homes habitable, e.g. accessing furniture, setting up utilities, dealing with minor repairs and maintenance.
· Ensure properties are safe and well maintained, liaise with the landlord over any repairs/replacements needed.
· Advise clients on benefits entitlements and ensuring income maximisation.
· Ensure clients understand and comply with tenancy agreements, rent and service charges and provide support where needed e.g. neighbour disputes.
· Assist clients to acquire the neccessary skills to effectively hold down a tenancy and provide advice on training, employment and related issues.
· Ensure Support Work starts (where possible) from when clients sign for their tenancies.
· Develop a pre-tenancy training programme and encourage client participation.
· Work with clients to draft and implement realistic support plans and risk assessments whilst ensuring clients receive an individual package of support that meets their needs.
· Keywork and review a caseload of clients ensuring that regular meetings and assistance is provided so clients can reach their goals.
· Identify barriers preventing clients from accessing statutory services and raise awareness of their rights.
· Assist and signpost people to relevant service providers/statutory organisations in the city.
· Identify and work with other agencies to provide a comprehensive wrap-around support service which will include attending, initiating and leading case conferences.
· Advocate on behalf of a client if they risk losing their tenancy and aim for a planned move on if the tenancy breaks down.
Monitoring the service
· Maintain accurate records including handovers, contact notes, casefiles etc.
· Co-operate with the monitoring framework in order to enable external evaluation of the service.
· Work to meet any KPIs set.
· Prepare reports for the Service Manager as required.
· Keep abreast of relevant developments in the sector including training and other opportunities relevant to the post.
· Ensure all vulnerable adults and children at risk are safeguarded appropriately.
· Actively particpate in supervision, appraisals and team meetings.
· Encourage clients to represent themselves, advocating where appropriate.
· Attend meetings as required.
· Work with, support and mentor Volunteers to enhance the service.
· Cover for other members of the team and services as neccessary.
· Maintain safe systems of work and a safe environment.
· Promote Service User involvement.
· Adhere to all of The Welcome's policies and procedures.
· Undertake any other duties relevant to the post or business needs.
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890 242824 ext 404
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.