Floating Support Worker (Harm Reduction) - Derry/Londonderry
Floating Support Worker (Harm Reduction)
£9.50 per hour
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Floating Support Worker (Harm Reduction) on a full time permanent basis, 35 hours per week, based in Derry/Londonderry.
Our client is one of the most well known cross border charities, supporting some of the most marginalised individuals, couples and families experiencing homelessness.
If you have 1 year paid experience or 2 years volunteering experience working with vulnerable adults with complex needs, experience in Harm Reduction, then we would love to hear from you. You'll also need to hold a driving licence and access to a car to fulfil the job duties
As a Floating Support Worker you will:
- Assist in a community based service that covers the City and surrounding areas with the aim of preventing homelessness.
- Work in a Harm Reduction Floating Support service that provides one-to-one confidential support to assist people who are experiencing difficulties with their tenancy, and are at risk of homelessness due to alcohol and substance use.
- Visit people at their request in their own homes, and tailor the support our client offers to meet their particular needs and reduce the risk of homelessness.
- 3 GCSE's A-C to include Maths and English or equivalent
- 1 years paid experience or 2 years volunteering experience working with vulnerable adults with complex needs and challenging behaviours.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management processes (i.e. S/U Risk assessment, Lone Working, Activity Risk Assessments)
- Previous paid or volunteering experience of harm reduction strategies aimed at reducing the potential risks associated with substance misuse
- Understanding of issues presented through alcohol /drug use
- Full driving licence and access to a car eligible for business insurance
- Working knowledge of using IT systems to record case notes
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand the importance for Health and Safety in a residential setting.
- Working knowledge of relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and the ability to network/liaise with all relevant bodies
- Knowledge and willingness to work within the guidelines of the vision mission and values.
- Ability to work on a rota basis (7 day week - Mornings, Evenings & Week-Ends).
**ONLY CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED**
- £9.50 per hour
- Comprehensive induction and continued on the job support
- Genuine development opportunities
- Training initiatives
- Private Health and Wellbeing plan
- 25 days annual leave plus 10 statutory holidays
- Occupational sick pay
- Maternity pay
- Income protection insurance
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692/07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.