Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking applications for General Operatives / Packers to work at our client site Freshways in Poppintree Dublin 11. Freshways are one of Irelands leading manufacture's of lunch meals on the go including sandwiches, salads, wraps and pizzas.
The role will involve working as part of a team to prepare and assemble sandwiches, salads, wraps and pizzas, using the highest standards of food hygiene.
The position is full time 39 hours per week with additional overtime available. The position will start out working through the agency and after 6 months you will be transferred and work directly with Freshways.
Career progression available, after 4 weeks possible promotion to Machine Operator and after an additional 4 months there is further progression to acting team leader for the right candidates. These roles pay a higher rate up to €14 p/h
- Assemble and produce quality lunch products
- Support the Team Leader to achieve targets according to the production plan
- Maintain excellent food hygiene and housekeeping on the line
- Monitor the quality of the product to ensure it meets the required standards
- Using high specification machinery to ensure all products are packaged and labelled correctly
- Ensure your attendance and timekeeping are excellent
Shifts start at 5AM and 6AM daily and the ideal candidate will be flexible across shifts. The Factory operates 7 days a week and you will be required to be available to work Saturdays and Sundays. There is a premium of 20% for working on Sundays
Successful candidates would be required to work morning and evening shifts, however candidate preference is taken into consideration.
Located in IDA industrial estate in Poppintree / Ballymun the factory is 15 minutes walk from Ikea and Charlestown Shopping centre and accessible by the 220 and N6 bus routes. Due to the early starts and location of the factory bus services do not service those starting at 5AM and 6AM and staff will need to provide their own transport.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must have a minimum of 6 months experience in a fast paced work environment work with packing experience being a distinct advantage
- Be able to meet the targets as set out
- Work in a clean and hygienic fashion
- Be able to work well as part of a team and also own initiative
- Be able to conduct and receive all work instructions through the English Language
- Be available to start work immediately
*What you will get in return *
- Full time work 39 hours per week + Overtime
- Potential career and promotional opportunities
- Free manual handling training
- Full paid training and potential career progression