Front of House Manager
MANAGE AND COORDINATE FRONT OFFICE OPERATIONS TO PROVIDE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF SERVICE
- Achieve guest satisfaction and rooms revenue goals by supervising the Front Office operation
- Assist in ensuring that Front Office is staffed according to need by utilising business forecasts to schedule
- Check the arrival list, conference guest list and VIP list and inform appropriate individuals of returning guests, VIPs and special guests.
- Challenge front office staff to utilise yield management, occupancy and average room rate to maximise rooms revenue.
- Monitor front office activities regarding discounts, billing instructions and compliance with hotel credit policy.
- Analyse the rate variance report to ensure proper room rate and revenue control.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Screening, interviewing and selection of Front Office candidates in conjunction with the Human Resource Manager.
- Identify training needs and the develop the department's training plan.
LAWS, REGULATIONS & POLICIES
- Ensure Front Office follows all applicable laws
- Keep track on purchasing costs for department for maximum quality for lowest possible price.
- Ensure that Front Office deliver quality guest service within departmental & corporate standards.
- Foster and develop effective employee relations within the department and the hotel.
- Utilise effective internal communication, including daily briefings and regular departmental meetings, to maximise teamwork and productivity.