The Client: Local Public body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
Presenting the education programmes through guiding visitors through tours of exhibitions and providing workshops. An important part of this role is to ensure the safety, security and cleanliness of associated areas. Duties involve assisting in the delivery of education services by participating in outreach and promotional programmes and special events, including the taking of photographs. The post holder will be required to do some work out of hours on a rota basis which may involve some lone working. The post holder will undertake additional duties relevant to the role as determined including the interchange / rota of Front of House (Reception and Shop) duties and to cover for sickness leave, annual leave and staff shortage.
Hours of work: 20 hours per week, Thursday 9am to 4.45pm, Friday 9am to 4.45pm & Saturday 9am to 2.30pm
- Five GCSEs Grace A-C or equivalent. One of these must be in a history, science and/or arts related subject
- At least threeyears' experience in one or more of the following;
- Work as a gallery assistant in a museum, historic building or other heritage facility
- Work with the public, preferably in an arts, history, science or crafts environment
- Work in a customer care environment
- Work with school children
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Proven interest and ability in some area of arts or crafts e.g. needle skills, hand spinning or weaving, wood work, art, fine arts, drama
- A current full driving licence and access to a car or have access to transport
- Applicants must also be available to work evenings and weekends on a rota basis. This may involve some lone working
- All posts require that candidates have a satisfactory Access NI disclosure as part of the pre-employment checks
- Rates of pay £10.01 p/hr
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.