|Salary||Up to £11.81 per hour|
|Published||17 days ago|
|Contact email||Robyn Barry|
Rate of Pay: £10.60
Hours: Full Time or Part Time available
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the Community Parks Supervisor or other appropriate officer for the undertaking of work in parks, playing fields, landscaped areas and open spaces either individually or as part of a team.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To maintain the orderly condition of grounds, that is, sweeping, hoeing, raking, mowing, edging, removal of litter/rubbish, etc.
- To carry out labour associated with soil cultivation, manuring, site preparation and construction.
- To carry out grass cutting, hedge cutting and pruning.
- To use powered hand tools and light plant to perform duties.
- To load, unload and move equipment and materials such as mowers, barrows, plants, soil, fertilisers, horticultural tools and sundries.
- To maintain all tools and equipment in a satisfactory condition including the cleaning of garden tools and basic cleaning and maintenance of lawnmowers.
- To undergo periodic training as and when required.
- To carry out skilled horticultural/sports ground/arboricultural operations. To also identify, maintain and cultivate a wide range of plants, trees and shrubs and be able to take remedial action to control growth/pests/diseases, use of wide range of horticultural tools and sundries.
- To assist in the training of staff, including ability to pass on skills and give direction to lesser graded staff and staff placements.
- To carry out turf and seed sowing.
- To maintain games facilities and areas including spiking, scarifying, top-dressing, fertilising and also marking of games areas and erection/dismantling of posts.
- To carry out application of chemical pest control methods including calibration of sprayers and identification of a range of pests, diseases and weeds.
- To operate tractor mounted equipment as required.
- To ensure effective communication with other members of the team and line management.
- To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and client regulations, to include the wearing of safety boots and high visibility jacket.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the client.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- possess an NVQ Level 2 in Amenity Horticulture, or an equivalent relevant qualification;
- possess the PA1 and PA6 Pesticide Application Certificates; and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year's relevant work experience of each of the following:
- undertaking gardening and horticultural work, for example, grass cutting, hedge trimming, turfing and seed sowing, planting, working in glasshouses, sweeping, removal of litter and rubbish etc; and
- dealing with members of the public, in a face to face environment
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.