Gardener - Scale 4
Temporary Gardener (Scale 4) required for a large public sector client based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £10.41 per hour
Location: Duncrue Complex, Belfast
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 1 months pending review
- To maintain the orderly condition of grounds, that is, sweeping, hoeing, raking, mowing, edging, removal of litter/rubbish, etc.
- To carry out labour associated with soil cultivation, manuring, site preparation and construction
- To carry out grass cutting, hedge cutting and pruning
- To use powered hand tools and light plant to perform duties
- To load, unload and move equipment and materials such as mowers, barrows, plants, soil, fertilisers, horticultural tools and sundries
- To maintain all tools and equipment in a satisfactory condition including the cleaning of garden tools and basic cleaning and maintenance of lawnmowers
- To carry out skilled horticultural operations. To also identify, maintain and cultivate a wide range of plants, trees and shrubs and be able to take remedial action to control growth/pests/diseases, use of wide range of horticultural tools and sundries
- To assist in the training of staff, including ability to pass on skills and give direction to lesser graded staff and staff placements
- To carry out turf and seed sowing
- To maintain games facilities and areas including spiking, scarifying, top-dressing, fertilising and also marking of games areas and erection/dismantling of posts
- To carry out application of chemical pest control methods including calibration of sprayers and identification of a range of pests, diseases and weeds
- To operate tractor mounted equipment
- To ensure effective communication with other members of the team and line management
- To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and council regulations, to include the wearing of safety boots and high visibility jacket
- Possess an NVQ Level 2 in Amenity Horticulture, or an equivalent relevant qualification;
- Possess the PA1 and PA6 Pesticide Application Certificates; and
- Be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year's relevant work experience of each of the following:
- undertaking gardening and horticultural work, for example, grass cutting, hedge trimming, turfing and seed sowing, planting, working in glasshouses, sweeping, removal of litter and rubbish etc; and
- dealing with members of the public, in a face to face environment
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.