|Salary||€90000 - €91000 per annum|
|Published||about 1 month ago|
|Contact email||Kevin Maguire|
Our client is a landmark Bar & Restaurant situated on a busy thoroughfare in the North East of Ireland. The original bar in the premises dates back to 1844, and in 2009 the premises was extensively renovated and extended. Today it includes a warm snug bar, comfortable lounge, restaurant, and a large function room. The interior of the restaurant is traditional with an abundance of old-world charm. Outside there is a large beer garden and carpark, which can cater for up to 120 cars. Our client is seeking an experienced General Manager to manage this busy landmark premises.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of this well-known establishment.
- To direct the safe and efficient operation of all business aspects.
- To provide guests with a quality, well-maintained property, along with exceptional service always.
- To focus constantly on profitability through maximising sales and managing costs in line with budget.
This is an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking General Manager looking for a long term rewarding and exciting career opportunity.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Restaurant & Bar ensuring the highest level of product & service standards are delivered.
- Effective communication with all staff including chairing weekly operational meetings & monthly sales meetings.
- Working with the Head Chef on developing the food & beverage product & service standards. This would include but is not restricted to, signing off on all menus, service changes, promotions, etc.
- Working with the Head Chef on developing the food & beverage strategy to ensure that group events are delivered to a high standard of service. Continuous development of this product to ensure the business maintains & grows its market share.
- Manage all strategic partners to ensure that standards are maintained to the highest criteria and that continuous maintenance is taking place. This would include but is not restricted to cleaners and landscapers.
- Interacting with guests regularly and actioning guest feedback directly.
- Ensure that guest any complaints are being dealt with appropriately and that any recurring complaints are being addressed proactively ensuring that the client's online reputation continues to improve.
- That the property is maintained to a high standard and the routine maintenance programme is being implemented.
- That I.T. systems are functioning as required for the business.
- Ability to delegate work and a strong organisation system is key to this role.
- Preparing the property each year for the property audits including food safety, mystery guest, health & safety.
- Driving Green initiatives
- Driving sustainability, including carbon reduction and plastic reduction.
- Effective communication with Owners and their representatives via weekly reporting, one on one meetings, monthly sales meetings, and team meetings.
- Exceptional customer satisfaction through outstanding service.
- Compile the annual business plan & budget.
- Compile weekly, monthly, and 3-month forecasts and ensure weekly forecasts are updated.
- Ensuring payroll is kept within budget and that expenses are kept within budget. Reviewing efficiencies where payroll is consistently over budget.
- Assisting the Owners in implementing the capital programme via obtaining quotes, overseeing the implementation, and ensuring it is kept within budget.
- Ensuring stock takes are being carried out monthly or in line with agreed schedules. Investigating issues with GP's/expenses are not performing. Ensuring that there are good stock control & security measures in each area.
- Ensuring that all new menus are costed and that all beverages and retail products are achieving the required GP. Regular competitor analysis to be carried out for all F&B and Retail pricing.
- Going through the financial performance with the financial controller monthly.
- Going through the discount & cash discrepancy reports weekly and addressing any issues as appropriate.
Human Resources & Training
- Ensure all statutory training is carried out such as manual handling, fire training, food handling, allergen training, chemical training, HACCP, responsible serving of alcohol, first aid etc.
- Ensure operations training is carried out thoroughly with new employees and that refresher training is taking place regularly.
- Developing supervisors through training. Identify training needs & skill gaps and plan training as appropriate.
- Ensuring that there is effective communication between management and employees via department meetings at least every two months, quarterly employee representative committee meetings, memos to employees, etc.
- Ensuring that all disciplinary procedures are carried out in an appropriate manner.
- Working directly with the Owners to recruit for the business needs.
- Carrying out all annual appraisals and completing staff reviews every 6 months or more often if required.
- Develop a happy & motivated team who deliver friendly, excellent service to our guests
Health & Safety
- Ensuring that the client's site is compliant with all health & safety and fire regulations. Ensuring the property is always prepared for annual fire inspections, Food Safety inspections and H&S audits. Be the person responsible for chairing health & safety meetings every month.
- Ensuring the kitchen and food & beverage departments are compliant with all HACCP regulations and that any issues highlighted by the EHO are addressed.
- That risk assessment is carried out on employees who are pregnant or who may have acquired a health condition or disability.
- That accident/incident reports are filled out correctly and reported to the insurance company as appropriate.
Sales & Marketing
- Be the face of the brand.
- Driving sales through events and marketing.
- That the client's product offering is being promoted strongly in house and the local market.
- Ensure that booking enquiries are being managed correctly.
- Signing off on any discounts on group packages.
- Retaining current market share while developing a cohesive plan to increase market share for funerals, weddings etc and also continue to grow our local group corporate bookings.
- That the website and social media are constantly up to date.
- Meet suppliers and clients as required and represent the Bar & Restaurant at business events as required.
- Bring drive and be passionate about great Food and Beverage that is in tune with trends within the hospitality industry.
- Ensure that a culture of innovation is encouraged within the team through the support of putting forward ideas to improve service and standards.
- Ensure that team members are recognised for their contributions to innovation.
Company Vision & Mission:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the company vision in your role, support the company vision and live its values.
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 3 years management experience in a busy restaurant or gastro bar environment, with experience overseeing functions.
- Experience managing a cafe, deli or food retail business is an advantage.
- Experience in developing new food & beverage concepts.
- We are seeking a proven leader with the ability to lead a team of 40 employees.
- Excellent communication & organisational skills required.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Good commercial acumen in terms of developing & implementing revenue generating ideas and upselling strategies.
- Good financial acumen in managing payroll and costs.
- Works well under pressure.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Retail Experience
- Catering Experience
- Hospitality Management Qualification
- Industry accreditation / award association
- Local Market Experience
Salary: €90,000 DOE
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.