Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a behalf of a market leading logistics company for a General Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career with a forward thinking, dynamic company. The General Manager will manage the day-to-day operations and drive future growth, through sales experience and bringing on-board new business.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the operations, administration, sales, and marketing functions of the customs business.
- Improve customer experience by ensuring staff are delivering exceptional customer services in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage and monitor the day to day running of the operations and management of up to 20+ employees, ensuring all areas are staffed correctly and in line with operational needs and budget.
- Provide leadership and vision in developing and implementing the short and long term plans for the business going forward.
- Attract new business and grow existing business through the services provided.
- Develop and implement services to our customers, through pricing and marketing information.
- Develop existing and new material to enhance the company's profile and profitability.
- Work alongside the Finance Director and Management Accountant to devise annual budgets for the running of the business.
- Support with performance management and improvement systems for the employees of the business.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Experience within a Distribution and Logistics environment.
- A committed leader who is enthusiastic, energetic with a 'hands on approach'.
- Aware of current relevant legislation linked to customs protocol.
- The ability to build and maintain good working relationships with enforcing authorities.
- The ability to challenge, change and promote internal working procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with agencies and customers.
- Computer literate to operate computer programs such as Windows and any other software that is standard within the industry.
- Target driven & Customer Focused.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Drive, Integrity and Focus
The successful General Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience plus bonus.
The General Manager role will be based in County Antrim.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.