|Salary||Up to £9.79 per hour|
|Published||10 months ago|
|Contact email||Dovile Kopacz|
Responsible for packing, labelling, opening bags, using safety knife, scanning, palletising and transport of
carcasses through chills
* Packing pork products into appropriate packaging e.g. box, dolav or tray.
* Affixing and checking label information to above in a busy production line environment.
* Opening bags with a safety knife.
* Knife duties, e.g. trimming, chopping, when required.
* Scanning and/or palletising products.
* Adhere to departmental SOPs.
* Highlight any issues to your Supervisor.
* Ensure you fully understand and comply with company requirements regarding Health and Safety and
Hygiene, including PPE.
* Any other duties within the competency of the post holder as directed by management.
* Ensure that you do not operate any machinery without receiving training and being confirmed as competent
by a member of the Training Department.
Requirements, Experience and Person Specification:
* Accuracy / attention to detail
* Time management skills
* Performance driven
* Results and customer oriented
* Understanding of key safety, legality and quality factors involved in the manufacture of pork products and
how to apply this information in practice
* Other Operatives
* Team Leaders/Senior Team Leaders
* Ensure that you understand and adhere to your personal responsibilities with regard the Health and
Safety at Work Act 1974 or Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order SI 1978/1039:
o Take reasonable care for your own and other's health and safety while at work;
o Co-operate with your employer on health and safety matters.
o Anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare must not be intentionally or
recklessly interfered with or misused
o Responsible to ensure compliance to company policies, procedures, site rules and information
and instruction given by your employer.
* To respect and honour the sentiment of the Cranswick ethical policies and codes of conduct, when
interacting with your colleagues at all times.
* To work in an Environmental and Energy efficient manner and to respect and honour the sentiment of the
Cranswick Environmental and Energy policies and Second Nature principles.
* To work in partnership with the Management team on site to be part of the Culture of the site which drives
Food Safety, H&S, Ethical, Environmental and Energy behaviours.