General Operatives x 3
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require General Operatives to join their team.
Location : Ballymoney
Hours of Work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.00 p/hr 13 weeks + £9.36 p/hr
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
- To liaise with the Operations Manager concerning workload, ensuring that all tasks are completed satisfactorily and within agreed time limits.
- To undertake duties concerned with the sweeping, collection and removal of litter, glass, leaves and animal excrement, etc. from public spaces (including roads, footpaths and shopping precincts) within the Borough to the quality standards of the Litter Order by means of mechanical sweeper, manual sweeping, shovelling, litter picking and other appropriate methods.
- To empty all litter bins and dog litter receptacles provided by the Council en-route, and inform the Operations Manager of any damage to same immediately.
- To remove fly-tipped materials, fallen animals, oil spillages, etc. and where necessary undertake emergency cleansing duties as instructed by the Operations Manager.
- To facilitate other service requirements where necessary, including refuse collection and civic amenity site duties:-
- To dispose of all waste collected as instructed.
Full Job Description available on Request.
Essential Criteria :
- At least 1 years' experience of working within a waste collection, waste disposal or recycling environment, where such duties constitute at least half of the post duties.
- At least 1 years' experience working in a customer related type environment including dealing with the public in a polite and courteous manner.
- Be able to demonstrate by example previous experience of heavy manual work.
- Ability to work as part of a team in order to complete designated collection schedule.
- Ability to maintain daily records.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Hold a current driving licence in category B + E.
- Be available to work outside normal working hours (i.e. evening work, weekends, Public Holidays) and/or to facilitate clean-up operations following special events.
If you are interested and meet ALL Essential Criteria please apply via the link.