Band 3 General Secretary required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Ulster Hospital
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The Trust provides a wide range of services and employs Secretaries in a wide variety of settings. Secretaries provide a secretarial / administrative service / support within a department / section.
The post holder will be expected to carry out a wide range of secretarial /administrative tasks including the use of word processing/audio typing, minute taking and use of other computer packages/programmes. The post holder will also be expected to deal with non-routine activities such as answering queries, progress chasing and task related problem solving using their own initiative.
- Word processing/audio typing letters/producing reports.
- Sorting and responding to mail as appropriate.
- Dealing with general enquiries.
- Maintaining diaries.
- Minute taking.
- Arranging meetings.
- Sorting and processing information.
- Preparation of statistical information.
- Dealing with requests for information.
- Making appointments.
- Dealing with telephone calls.
- 4 GCSE's Grades A-C to include English Language (or equivalent Qualification) plus 1year's Secretarial /admin /clerical experience. OR NVQ Level 2 in Administration (or equivalent qualification) plus 1 year's secretarial /admin /clerical experience.
- 2 year's secretarial /admin /clerical experience.
- RSA/OCR Stage II Text Processing Part I and Part II (or equivalent/ above qualification). OR 1 year's word processing experience, to include typing and formatting of reports and letters.
- Experience in using Microsoft packages to include WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.