Staffline Recruitment are welcoming applications for a Grade IV Procurement Officer on behalf of the Louth Meath Education and Training Board. This opportunity is fantastic for anyone with public sector procurement experience looking to join a professional and supportive team environment.
The main duties of the post include:
- Provide guidance to the organisation on Procurement Policy, Procedures, Contracts, Contract Management and Supplier Spend to monitor compliance with national and EU public procurement regulations.
- Provide advice, as and when required, to staff procuring goods and services to assist them in complying with procurement regulations.
- Monitor and manage the procurement email account and ensure queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Report on procurement activity monthly to CE.
- Develop, refine and communicate LMETB's Corporate Procurement Plan (CPP)
- Prepare the CPP and MAPP on an annual basis for review and submission in accordance with deadline.
- Maintain and oversee the contracts register:
- Update contract list with relevant details
- Update Sharepoint with relevant documentation pertaining to a contract.
- Update P2P for supplier status
- Renewal of contracts - seek feedback from stakeholders, prepare requests for management approval and notify suppliers of any extensions.
- Assist with contract management.
- Circulate the contract list on a regular basis and update circulation group on new contracts in place and frameworks available through the OGP and other central purchasing bodies. Ensure those on circulation list are made aware of changes to procurement guidelines, thresholds, regulations and circulars where applicable.
- Provide support in preparing RFTs and evaluating tenders and negotiating with suppliers.
- Assist in the provision of training to staff as necessary
The person appointed should:
- Have strong knowledge of public procurement guidelines.
- Have proven experience in public procurement
- Have experience of managing tenders through the e-Tenders portal
- Be flexible and willing to adapt and contribute positively to the section
- Be able to work as part of the team, to provide support and work effectively with others
- Possess excellent analysis and decision-making skills
- Have an ability to communicate in a fluent, logical, clear and convincing manner both verbally and in writing
- Assume personal responsibility for and delivers on agreed objectives/goals
- Be capable of working on their own initiative
- Have excellent time management skills can accurately estimate time parameters for projects and manage own time efficiently
- Maintain a strong focus on always meeting the needs of stakeholders
- Have a good knowledge of Office 365 applications
- Have good organisational skills
- Hold a full driving licence
JOB CODE: DUNSL
JOB TYPE: Temporary, Full time