Graduate Commercial Assistant
We are delighted to be working in partnership with Wrightbus, Ballymena who are have been at the forefront of transport innovation since 1946 relentlessly pushing the boundaries with their commitment to quality, style and safety.
At Wrightbus, it is never just about getting people from one place to another; it is always about getting the world to a better place. From promoting economic growth to reducing traffic congestion to making transportation more equitable for all. The Wrightbus group is on a new path of innovation and environmental consciousness under new leadership. And now, with the development of the world's first zero-emissions double deck hydrogen bus, they are on their way to ensuring a brighter future for the next generation.
An excellent PERMANENT opportunity has opened up for a Graduate Commercial Assistant.
Key purpose of the role:
As part of Wrightbus sales department, you will have an exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-moving team responsible for generating leads, quotations tenders and proposals on behalf of our various manufacturing plants, to some of the world's leading names in the transport sector.
The success of our organisation depends on quality innovative response right from the initial enquiry, sales order processing, delivery, and payment all of which is handled by our team in Ballymena. Interaction is required with National Account Managers, customers and other departments and stakeholders in order to meet our customers' needs is important and this role, where accuracy is paramount and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines are essential, will suit an ambitious diligent hard worker with energy and a desire to succeed.
- To arrange and assist in preparing customers technical specifications and transfer these requirements onto Wrightbus specification. Identify supplementary options and associated costings.
- Calculate manufacturing costs of vehicle using the most recent information available. (May entail approaching suppliers for prices.)
- Arrange with Legal Dept to have customer's contractual requirements responses prepared
- Process sales package to go to customer incorporating specification, quotation, letters, delivery schedules, contractual issues, drawings etc.
- Present proposals/costings to Tender and Contracts Co-ordinators
- Monitor designated contracts to ensure that all information is kept up to date and customer/National Account Managers are informed. This will entail supplementary customer requests, which will require recosting and revised Order Confirmations, specifications processed.
- Assist in the preparation of bid reports and reponses to meet customers requirements and pass relevant information to various designated departments within Wrightbus adhering to timescales contained in schedules.
- Communicate with customers on various issues both orally and in writing.
- Update Costing Synopsis on a regular basis to take account of fluctuations and changes via VO's etc.
- Ensure that accurate and up to date pricing synopsis are available for each customer / deal.
- Invoice vehicle and ascertain delivery addresses, registration/fleet numbers etc.
- To help facilitate and co-ordinate, where required, visits to and from our customers with respect of vehicle specifications in partnership with other departments and National Account Managers.
- When required assist with vehicle deliveries and associated documentation to ensure vehicles are delivered within timescales.
- Upkeep of customer files and general office filing.
- Assist other members of the team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Production of various reports if/when required.
- Other relevant duties as required.
- Monitor and assess manufacturing build schedules in conjunction with designated contracts.
- Undertake all duties in line with General Data Protection and maintain utmost level of confidentiality.
- Ensure work is completed to meet the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
- Ensure that you treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner in accordance with the Dignity at Work Procedure.
- Wrightbus is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection based on merit. You are required to adhere to and promote the Equal Opportunities Policy throughout the course of your employment.
- You must maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- You must follow the training received when using any work items Wrightbus has provided.
- You must co-operate with others on health and safety and not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided for their health, safety, or welfare.
- You must take care of your own health and safety and that of people who may be affected by what you do (or do not do).
- You must comply with the no smoking policy.
Wright bus offer excellent benefits pension scheme, life insurance, and healthcare scheme.