Our client, a global manufacturer, servicing a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utilities, quarrying and mining, have a vacancy for a Technical Author (Maternity Cover) at their site in Omagh, Co Tyrone.
Duties and responsibilities -
- To produce, issue and revise end user publications to compliment the product build plan and business KPI targets to include Spare Parts Manuals and Operators Manuals.
- Manage the portfolio of tasks ensuring they are logged and given priority levels.
- Use latest 3D software to produce parts drawings and operation instructions.
- Improve customer service by providing accurate, user friendly spare parts information, thereby reducing customer downtime and ordering errors.
- Improve the customer experience by providing user friendly and safety conscious Operation instructions.
- To manage communication links with all key departments and suppliers.
- To work with external suppliers in the production of publication translations and printed documentation.
- To support the site with any request where the skills of the team or equipment can be used to support the business.
Hours of work:
- 40 hours weekly
The ideal candidate will have
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- 3rd level qualification ideally in Engineering / Manufacturing
- Ability to write documentation to target audience
- Knowledge of 3D modelling software desirable along with previous experience in a Manufacturing or Engineering environment
- Competitive rate of pay
Why use Staffline
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1986, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.