Graduate Lab Technician
Graduate Lab Technician
Location: Maydown Site
The execution of laboratory analysis including:
- Executing yarn and chemical analyses against defined Test Methods.
- Demonstrating accuracy and precision in analyses results.
- Ensuring calibration and validation of instrument performance.
- Prioritising tasks depending on operational needs.
- Maintaining area equipment.
- Working within a team structure.
- Working safely, following all defined site and area rules.
- Developing deeper understanding of Methods vs Fundamental principles and proposing innovative improvements.
- A degree (minimum 2:1) in Chemistry or closely related discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical techniques in Chemistry.
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements relevant to a laboratory environment and an ability to follow all company policies and practices.
- Strong team-working skills, with ability to apply initiative and flexibility to meet business needs.
- Competent in following defined written job procedures and instructions, and undertake accurate data entry into a computerised system.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Proven experience working independently.
- An ability to develop new and improve existing test methods.
- Ability to generate and implement innovative solutions to improve accuracy and precision of analyses, eliminate waste and improve lab practices.
- Successful applicants, who must be 18 years of age or over by the 15th of September 2021, will normally be required to work a 12-hour cube shift pattern (8am-8pm), averaging 42 hours per week but must be willing to work any other shift patterns assigned.
- 12 months' practical analytical chemistry experience.
All of the above criteria may be further enhanced to shortlist for interview.
We offer a competitive salary ranging from £29,764 to £33,498 (inclusive of shift allowance), dependent on experience.
In addition, the expectation is for the successful candidate to develop to higher roles within the company.
Other benefits include:
- Bupa Health Insurance membership.
- Competitive contributory Pension Scheme.
- Potential for Performance Pay through our variable compensation program.
- Opportunities to increase your earnings through our overtime scheme including 150% pay and 200% pay.
- Free Car Parking.
- Death in Service benefit.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- 28 days paid holidays (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 33 days).
- "Employee Referral" cash bonus scheme for referring a successful candidate in the future.
Hours of Work
Hours will be worked over a shift pattern, that is known in advance, of 8am-8pm each week.
How to apply
If you are interested in either of these roles please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
Closing date for receipt of Application Form is 1st October 2021.
The onboarding process will include a pre-placement medical (including drug screening) and reference check.