The LYCRA Company
The execution of laboratory analysis including:
· Executing yarn and chemical analyses against defined Test Methods.
· Demonstrating accuracy and precision in analyses results.
· Ensuring calibration and validation of instrument performance.
· Prioritising tasks depending on operational needs.
· Maintaining area equipment.
· Working within a team structure.
· Working safely, following all defined site and area rules.
· Developing deeper understanding of Methods vs Fundamental principles and proposing innovative improvements.
· A Degree (minimum 2:1) in Chemistry or closely related discipline.
· Knowledge and understanding of analytical techniques in Chemistry.
· Experience of Health and Safety requirements relevant to a laboratory environment and an ability to follow all company policies and practices.
· Strong team-working skills, with ability to apply initiative and flexibility to meet business needs.
· Competent in following defined written job procedures and instructions, and undertake accurate data entry into a computerised system.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
· Proven experience working independently.
· An ability to develop new and improve existing test methods.
· Ability to generate and implement innovative solutions to improve accuracy and precision of analyses, eliminate waste and improve lab practices.
· Successful applicants, who must be 18 years of age or over by 15th September 2021, will normally be required to work a 12-hour cube shift pattern (8am - 8pm), averaging 42 hours per week but must be willing to work any other shift patterns assigned.
· 12 months' practical analytical chemistry experience.
All of the above criteria may be further enhanced to shortlist for interview.
We offer a competitive salary ranging from £29,764 to £33,498 (inclusive of shift allowance), dependent on experience.
In addition, the expectation is for the successful candidate to develop to higher roles within the company.
Other benefits also include:
· BUPA Health Insurance membership.
· Competitive contributory Pension Scheme.
· Potential for Performance Pay through our variable compensation program.
· Opportunities to increase your earnings through our overtime scheme including 150% pay and 200% pay.
· Free Car Parking.
· Death in Service benefit.
· Cycle to Work Scheme.
· 28 days paid holidays (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 33 days).
· "Employee Referral" cash bonus scheme for referring a successful candidate in the future.
Feel free to contact Staffline on 028 2564 2699 to further discuss the role.