Graduate Materials Planner
Location: Maydown Site
- Carry out effective ordering and expediting of raw materials, packaging and MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Operating) materials to achieve optimum level of inventory to support production.
- Design, develop and document MRP (Material and Resource Planning) processes and procedures.
- Ensure the SAP-based ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system is maintained with robust and credible master data which supports the Plant's manufacturing needs for raw material / packaging/ MRO supply elements.
- Respond promptly to alerts and mitigate supply chain risks and ensure that deliveries are managed on-time in full, highlighting constraints to others within the supply chain team.
- Use optimisation techniques to manage working capital whilst supporting dynamic production requirements.
- Support product changes/ developments and consequential material changes.
- Manage quality requirements as defined within ERP system including managing any out-of-spec product for hold, return or ensuring appropriate credit received.
- Liaise with an integrated team (including Production Planning Detailed Scheduling i.e. PPDS, Procurement Buyer, Sourcing Director, Site Financial Controller and Operating team) to ensure effective and cohesive product and material flow to meet production needs.
- Responsible for effective receipt of raw materials and packaging materials in SAP, ensuring invoice queries are promptly resolved through the Vendor Invoice Management system.
- Ensure logistics methods for delivery, material receipt and handling are compliant, in conformance with plant protocols, and are at competitive cost.
- Provide supplier forecasts as applicable and maintain supplier relationships.
- Ensure finished product flow to central warehouse is maintained, highlighting errors and leading investigation to resolve.
- Prepare reports and carry out period stock checks, audits and reviews to understand and develop capability and remove constraints, bottlenecks and inefficiencies.
- Educated to degree-level in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with sourcing, procurement, production planning and operations.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically excel.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and manipulate data, such as KPI's stats and project milestones.
- Enthusiastic and self-motived individual who can work in a team and on their own with minimal supervision.
- Any prior relevant work experience.
Hours will be worked over a shift pattern, that will be known in advance
All the above criteria may be further enhanced to shortlist for interview.
- BUPA Health Insurance membership.
- Competitive Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Potential for Performance Pay through our variable compensation program.
- Free Car Parking.
- Death in Service benefit.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- 28 days paid holidays (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 33 days).
- "Employee Referral" cash bonus scheme for referring a successful candidate in the future.
The onboarding process will include a pre-placement medical (including drug screening and reference check.
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in either of these roles please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.