Grid Control Officer
- To facilitate the appropriate response to all emergency alarms.
- To act as a communications / information hub within the emergency response system.
- Liaise with members of the Grid Control officer team to ensure the seamless operation of the control and monitoring of the PNG Network on a 24-7 basis.
- Provide assistance in administering the activities relating to the Operation and Maintenance of District and Commercial Governors.
- Design, costing and issuing of mains extension works (incl. New Build), based on site surveys carried out by Connections / Construction.
- Liaise with PNG Operations / Transportation Services to co-ordinate the installation, monitoring and maintenance of all PMAC sites.
- Support team working in pursuit of the Asset Management objectives both within the Grid Control team and the company as a whole.
- Assist with other administrative duties as directed by the Asset Manager.
- Will be required to participate in a rota system to provide 24-7 cover for Grid Control activities.
- To gain experience and be prepared to undertake fully, or in part, the activities of the Transportation Services team.
- To act as the Network Controller within the Safe Control of Operations procedures and mains commissioning procedures.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to PNG's corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.