Staffline are recruiting for Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Operatives in Antrim & Newtownabbey Area
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Undertake work of a horticultural nature and carry out grounds maintenance as directed throughout the Parks and Cemeteries Service to include artificial surfaces; parks; playing fields; golf courses; and other open spaces.
- Ensure grounds and horticultural areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards and carrying out the instructions of the Team Leader/Parks and Cemeteries Supervisor.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment required to carry out any of the duties pertaining to the post, ensuring daily safety checks are completed.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities including litter and leaf collection, hedge cutting, planting, sweeping, weed control operations, grass cutting, shrub/tree pruning, floral planting, watering hanging baskets, maintaining pitches/sports area, administering fertilisers/spraying pesticides and any other grounds or cemetery maintenance activities required in the delivery of the service.
- Undertake duties in the Nursery, for example, making up hanging baskets; prepare cut flower and other displays; sow seeds; take cuttings etc.
- Routine constructional labouring, including backfilling graves and topping up sunken graves.
- Carry out routine maintenance of plant and equipment including daily checks on oil, water, fuel, tyres to ensure that plant and equipment are kept clean and operational condition.
- Routine cleaning of buildings, toilets, showers, changing rooms, community areas and pavilions.
- Removal of litter and hazardous waste (e.g. Animal carcasses) from shorelines, beaches and waterways, ensuring correct disposal.
- Completion of written and computerised records (e.g in-house systems, accidents, defects and safety checks.
- Inspect and maintain playground area e.g replace damaged swings; repair fencing.
- Taking booking for activities/facilities in the area (e.g caravan park, special events), taking and receipting of monies where appropriate.
- Hold keys to allocated building, ensuring security of same and public access where appropriate.
- Implement adverse weather programmes i.e. salt/flooding when required.
- In the event of inclement weather preventing normal working undertake such alternative tasks as may be allocated by management.
- Delivery and collection of requested items, including erecting stands/displays when necessary.
- Other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- A minimum of 1 years' experience of horticultural work including planting, bedding and flowerbed maintenance.
- Working knowledge of grass cutting, and grounds maintenance techniques ,Knowledge of horticultural materials including shrub, bedding, plants, etc. Knowledge of Health and safety regulations
- A full current driving licence, to included Class C1+E to enable postholder to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to 8.25 tonnes.
- Hold a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence and Qualification card.
- A recognised qualification of competence for professional grass cutting equipment.
- Hold PA1 qualification for the safe use of pesticides.
- Hold PA6A qualification for spraying pesticides using a hand held applicator.
- Hold an NVQ Level 1 in Amenity Horticulture.
- Hold a qualification in Road Management/Traffic Control.
- NPTC in use of Chainsaws.
Details of role:-
Full time hours Monday- Friday 37 hrs per week
£9.99 per hr
Be available to start Monday 21st March 2022
If you are interested in joining one of the teams in Antrim or Newtownabbey or have any questions please call Staffline on 028 25642699 and ask for Ashleigh Lyle or forward cv to email@example.com