Grounds Maintenance Operative - Coleraine
Grounds Maintenance Operative required for Coleraine area. This is a temporary role initlally for 3 months but may be extended.
You will be based at Coleraine Depot however when required you will be asked to work flexibly throughout the Council areas, ensuring that resources are deployed effectively and in order to respond to service priorities and to facilitate professional development.
1. General maintenance of public parks, playing fields, play areas, picnic sites, landscaped areas and similar open spaces as scheduled, including the collection and removal of litter.
2. Undertake seeding, propagation, planting, mulshing tending and weeding of flower and shrub beds, pruning, grass cutting, hedge trimming.
3. Use where appropriate chemical weed controls under direction of the charge hand, complying with manufacturers' instructions and COSHH regulations.
4. Edging of paths, paved areas and flower beds.
5. Report all accidents which may occur and report all incidents of damage to Council property/equipment.
6. Basic setting out and marking of sports pitches.
7. Erection, inspection, maintenance and dismantling of sports and play equipment.
8. Record and retain detailed records of inspections in the format required.
9. Undertake constructional labouring work and the safe operation of a range of assorted tools and equipment.
10. Responsible to the line supervisor for the associated resources/machinery necessary to perform the work. Including safe operation, routine maintenance and ensuring same are kept clean.
11. Complete all necessary paperwork e.g. completing weekly timesheets; accident report forms/records vehicle log books, etc.
12. Cemetery duties include grounds maintenance works preparing and digging graves and backfilling.
13. Record and inform the Chargehand/ Works Supervisor of all lost time.
14. Initiate the enforcement of the Litter (Northern Ireland) Order 1994 in circumstances when littering is observed during the course of their duties; including recording details of the incident and passing the information to the Enforcement Officer for action.
Applicants must have ·
At least 2 years experience in Gardening and / or Ground Maintenance Operations
If you would like to discuss this role further please contact us on 028 2564 2699