Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney/Coleraine require Grounds Maintenance Operatives to join their team.
Role : Grounds Maintenance Operative
Locations : Coleraine / Ballymoney
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week / Monday to Friday
Hourly Rate : £10.19 p/hr
Main Duties :
- General maintenance of public parks, playing fields, play areas, picnic sites, landscaped areas and similar open spaces as scheduled, including the collection and removal of litter.
- Undertake seeding, propagation, planting, mulshing tending and weeding of flower and shrub beds, pruning, grass cutting, hedge trimming.
- Use where appropriate chemical weed controls under direction of the charge hand, complying with manufacturers' instructions and COSHH regulations.
- Edging of paths, paved areas and flower beds.
- Basic setting out and marking of sports pitches.
- Erection, inspection, maintenance and dismantling of sports and play equipment.
- Cemetery duties include grounds maintenance works preparing and digging graves and backfilling.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- An NVQ Level 2 in Amenity Horticulture or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 12 months' grounds maintenance experience gained within a commercial environment to include the following:
- Grass cutting, horticultural and grounds maintenance experience, including the set-up, safe use and routine maintenance of a range of horticultural equipment / machinery to include ride on grounds machinery;
- General maintenance of outdoor areas e.g. parks.
- A full current driving licence (Category B+E valid in the UK).
Desirable Criteria :
- Lantra (or similar) approved training in Grounds Maintenance Equipment.
- Certified under NHSS Traffic Management Scheme.
- Hold a valid Health & safety CSR/CSCS card.
- Excavator and/or tractor driving qualification.
If you are interested and MEET ALL ESSENTIAL CRITERIA please apply via the link.