Temporary Grounds Maintenance Supervisor
3 month contract may be extended
The Client: Local body based in Dungannon/Cookstown, serving local residents.
- Assist with the planning, programming and scheduling of all operations.
- Responsible on a daily basis to prioritise the workload, taking into account all legal maintenance requirements, Health and Safety issues, service level agreements and site-specific requirements in accordance with agreed schedules, priorities and/or emergency requirements.
- Record, investigate, and report on complaints received in relation to service area and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Supervision employees including time keeping, time recording, absence management and performance management in line with Council policy, and assist with the preparation of the weekly payroll summary in conjunction with business support.
- Ensure all driver, vehicle and equipment pre use checks/inspections are carried out including the completion of written records and undertake regular vehicle and equipment audits to ensure compliance with health & safety requirements.
- The utilisation of all systems and process, including asset management/inspection and vehicle tracking systems to monitor service schedules and ensure same are kept up to date.
- Record, investigate and document accidents / incidents at work, damage to property and other information in relation to employer and public liability insurance claims against the Council using all appropriate information including CCTV footage from vehicle mounted camera systems and Council property where applicable.
- Open and close Council Depots and other Council facilities as may be required and act as key holder.
- Provision of induction training to all new employees and assess and arrange any necessary refresher and additional training for existing employees.
Hours of work: 37 hrs per week
Applicants must provide specific and personal examples of having a minimum 1 year's relevant experience in the following areas:
- Supervision of a team of staff within a related function;
- Working within Environmental Services or a similar environment;
- Management of plant, equipment and premises;
- Working with health and safety regulations.
- Proficiency in the use of I.T. systems, including a working knowledge of Microsoft. Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Applicants must possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and a vehicle available for official business, or have access to a form of transport which enables them to meet the requirements of the post in full1.
*Please be advised that this alternative is a "reasonable adjustment" specifically for applicants with disabilities who, as a result of their disability, are unable to hold a full, current driving licence.
- Rates of Pay: £14.63 - £15.59 per hour p/hr - subject to experience
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.