Grounds Maintenance / Building Supervisor
We are currently recruiting for one of our clients who are a leading facilities management company. The client offers a range of specialist services including technical services, security, cleaning, industrial cleaning, landscaping, energy and sustainability, waste and professional consultancy. The client has a full-time permament Ground's Maintenance role based in Portglenone.
- Carry out a range of grounds maintenance tasks including grass cutting, edging and weeding, sweeping, litter picking, planting and spraying to ensure that all defined areas are maintained to the required standard.
- Use of commercial grounds maintenance machinery including, walk behind or ride-on mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers or any other piece of equipment normally used during regular grounds maintenance tasks.
- Application and spraying of chemicals including weed killer and fertiliser as required and in line with COSHH procedures
- Carry out winter grounds maintenance tasks in all weathers including snow clearance and treatment of ice to ensure safe access and egress for users.
- Undertake daily routine safety and maintenance checks to ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment used is well maintained, kept clean and is not exposed to the risk of damage or theft.
- Apply safety measures to maintain safe access/egress in buildings and pathways/roadways/gullies/drains and ensure that they are clean and tidy and free from litter
- Security of Buildings (Internal and External) including opening and closing of School and grounds
- Carry out checks on condition of building, fixtures and fittings, identify defects and report as per procedure.
- Carry out general small building and maintenance works.
- Liaise with outside contractors carrying out work within the School and monitor quality of work and compliance with H&S.
- Respond to calls from the Mitie helpdesk as required regarding reactive and planned work.
- Work within timescales set for reactive and planned work
- Monitor Building Management System and make minor adjustments in agreement with Facilities Manager
- Monitor and document security apparatus/camera operation to ensure the security of the site.
- Report/remedy and comply with contractual/legislative Health & Safety issues
- Any other tasks that could be reasonably expected.
- Respond to emergency callouts out of hours as required.
- Available to work additional hours if required.
- Respond to calls from the client helpdesk as required.
- Two year's Experince in grounds Maintenance to include use of commercial grounds maintenance equipment
- Relevant certification for use of pesicides
- DBS clearance checked completed prior to commencement of role
- Awarencess of Health & Safety to include COSHH procedures
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Willing to travel between sites
- willness to learn new skills
- Experience in sports ground maintenance
- CSR card
- Good general maintenance /DIY skills
- Basic office Administration
- Full Driving License
- Experience in dealing with members of the public
- Experience in Waste Management including recycling
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per Week Monday - Friday
£22,000 per annum
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.