Grounds Maintenance Worker/Building Supervisor Required ASAP
A great opportunity for a Grounds Maintenance/Building Supervisor has become available for our client at one of their school grounds, the job will revolve around carrying out an array of grounds maintenance tasks, using commercial grounds maintenance machinery, carrying out winter grounds maintenance tasks, daily routine safety and maintenance checks to ensure vehicles, machinery and equipment used for the role is well maintained and clean among other duties listed in the job spec.
Main Duties and Responsibilites
- Carry out a range of grounds maintenance tasks including grass cutting, edging and weeding, sweeping, litter picking, planting and spraying to ensure that all defined areas are maintained to the required standard.
- Use of commercial grounds maintenance machinery including, walk behind or ride-on mowers, strimmers, leaf blowers or any other piece of equipment normally used during grounds maintenance tasks.
- Application and spraying of chemicals including weed killer and fertiliser as required and in line with COSHH procedures.
- Carry out winter grounds maintenance tasks in all weathers including snow clearance and treatment of ice to ensure safe access and egress for users.
- Undertake daily routine safety and maintenance checks to ensure that vehicles, machinery and quipment used us well maintained, kept clean and is not exposed to the risk of damage or theft.
- Apply safety measures to maintain safe access/egress in buildings and pathways/roadways/gullies/drains and ensure that they are clean and tidy and free from litter.
- Security of Buildings (internal and external) including opening and closing of School and grounds.
- Carry out checks on condition of building, fixtures and fittings, identify defects and report as per procedure.
- Carry out general small building and maintenance works.
- Liaise with outside contractors carrying out work within the school and monitor quality of work and compliance with H&S.
- Respond to calls from the helpdesk as required regarding reactive and planned work.
- Work within timescales set for reactive and planned work.
- Monitor Building Management System and make minor adjustments in agreement with facilities manager.
- Monitor and document security apparatus/camera operation to ensure the security of the site.
- Report/remedy and comply with contractual.legislative Health & Safety issues.
- Any other tasks that could be reasonably expected.
- Respond to emergency callouts out of hours as required.
- Available to work additional hours if required.
- Reosond to calls from the helpdesk as required.
Must project a professional image together with a mature, discreet attitude when dealing sensitively by telephone or directly with individuals.
Able to work individually and as a team member
Day to day contact/support for Facilities Managers, Building Supervisors and Helpdesk.
Assisting the Facilities Management Team in meeting the service requirements of the Service Level Agreement and Contract.
Health & Safety:
The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and amendments state it is the responsibility of all employees to comply with Health and Safety Law. The post holder will be required to attend all statutory Health and Safety training.
The post holder is required to comply with the Company's Health & Safety strategy, policy and procedure to ensure a safe and healthy environment for staff members, visitors, contractors and others. The post holder must comply with the designated levels of responsibility as detailed within the MFM Ltd, Health and Safety strategy, policy and procedure.
There is a policy of No Smoking in all client premises.
You may be required to work at other client locations from time to time. Reasonable notice of any such changes will be provided.
It is a condition of employment that you will not use or disclose any confidential information obtained during the course of your duties.
This job description may be subject to change according to service needs, changes will be made in consultation with post holder.
- A minimum of two years' experience in grounds maintenance to include the use of commercial grounds maintenance equipment.
- Relevant certification for the use of grounds maintenance equipment.
- Relevant certification for the use of Pesticides.
- DBS Clearance check will be completion prior to commencement of the role.
- Previous experience in a grounds maintenance role to include the provision of winter grounds maintenance and line marking.
- Awareness of Health & Safety issues in relation to Manual Handling, Working with mechanical equipment while in the presence of members of the public and traffic, COSHH procedures.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to prioritise work.
- Willing to travel between sites.
- Willing to learn new skills.
- An up to date awareness of matters relating to grounds maintenance and horticulture.
- Experience of sports grounds maintenance.
- CSR card.
- Good general maintenance/DIY skills.
- Basic office administration.
- Experience in dealing with members of the public.
- Experience in waste management including recycling.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate.
- Full driving license and access to a form of transport.
Sources of Assessment:
- Application Form / Curriculum Vitae.
- Performance at interview.
- Verification of qualifications.
- Original documents are required to be presented at interview when they are identified as essential criteria.
- Criminal record check/Enhanced Access NI
Hours of work are 37.5 per week Monday-Friday with overtime when required.
Salary for the role will be £22,000 per anum.
If you are interested in this role please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.