To assist the Duty Officer in the delivery of a structured programme of Exercise Classes at Seven Towers Leisure Centre, Larne Leisure Centre and Amphitheatre Carrickfergus, enabling individuals to develop according to their abilities whilst encouraging and promoting participation.
As and when required - Successful candidates will be required to work Monday to Sunday, evenings and public holidays as dictated by the needs of the service.
Successful candidates will be required to travel on official duty within the Mid and East Antrim Borough Council area and beyond. Appointees must have access to a form of transport which will enable them to meet the requirements of the post in full.
Location: Seven Towers Leisure Centre / Larne Leisure Centre / Amphitheatre Carrickfergus
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support and assist the successful delivery of a Group Exercise programme within the Seven Towers Leisure Centre, Larne Leisure Centre and Amphitheatre Carrickfergus.
- Assist with the Delivery of the programme in line with the national body guidelines.
- To assist with the delivery of structured schemes of work that promotes progression for all participants.
- Coach and develop all participants ensuring particular attention and adherence to Health and Safety and Child Protection in line with council policies.
- Ensure high standards of customer care at all times.
- Carry out safety checks on equipment prior to classes commencing and ensure safety is a priority before and during the class, to minimise the risk of injury. Any defective equipment or any incidents should be reported immediately to the Duty Officer
- Undertake associated administrative duties, including attendance and records of participant's progress.
- Work closely with other members of the team to ensure key objectives are met.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of complaints and queries, liaising with parents, coaches and management on progress to ensure high standards of service provision.
- Assist with groups to ensure equitable access of delivery.
- Assist with forging links with school/club/community links as directed.
A current coaching/teaching qualification in a group exercise discipline
Group Spin, Aerobic, Water Aerobics. Dance, Circuits, 50+.
HITT, 20,20,20, Step, Zumba, Pilates.
In addition candidates must have and maintain a sufficient level of fitness to satisfactorily discharge the duties and responsibilities of the post.
A minimum of 1 year post qualification experience in a commercial leisure environment