Lead Gymnastics Coach - Carrickfergus - £15ph - Ongoing Temporary
9 hours per week, Thursday 5-8pm, Friday 5-8pm, Saturday 9-12noon
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To lead Gymnastics Coach in the delivery of a structured programme of Gymnastics for 5-14 year olds at programmes/clubs across the Mid and East Antrim area, enabling individuals to develop according to their abilities whilst encouraging and promoting participation in Gymnastics.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Service Delivery
- To Lead Gymnastics coach to successfully deliver a programme of gymnastics at various venues.
- Lead with the Delivery of the gymnastics programme in line with the British Gymnastics guidelines
- Work with Gymnastics coordinator to develop new ideas for the club
- To assist with the delivery of structured schemes of work that promotes progression for all participants.
- Identify the needs of the group/ individuals
- Work closely with other partners to assist in the delivery of competition and festival opportunities
- Liaise with Mid and East Antrim Borough Council's Sports Development staff and the relevant NGB Development Officers for successful implementation/ delivery
- Help develop school/ community links as directed
- Assist with registration process
- Coach and develop all participants ensuring particular attention and adherence to Health and Safety and Child Protection in line with recommendations from British Gymnastics and with the associated council policies.
- Ensure high standards of customer care at all times.
- Carry out safety checks on equipment prior to classes commencing and ensure safety is a priority before and during the class, to minimise the risk of injury. Any defective equipment or any incidents should be reported immediately to the Lead Gymnastics Coach.
- Undertake associated administrative duties, including attendance and records of participant's progress.
- Work closely with other members of the Gymnastics Coaching team to ensure key objectives are met.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of complaints and queries, liaising with parents, coaches and management on progress to ensure high standards of service provision.
- Assist with groups to ensure equitable access of delivery.
- Assist with forging links with school/club/community links as directed.
A current United Kingdom Club Coach Level 2 General Gymnastics Assistant Coach or above
In addition candidates must have and maintain a sufficient level of fitness to satisfactorily discharge the duties and responsibilities of the post.