Gymnastics Coach Ballycastle
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballycastle require a Gymnastics Coach to join their team.
Hours of work: Casual - as and when required Friday/ Saturday.
Duration - Ongoing during School term time
Rate of pay - £20p/h
- Delivery of effective and efficient sports and leisure activities linked to the Healthy Living & Sport Service Unit Activity programme; involving the instruction, supervision and control of members of the public taking part in the classes and/or courses which make up the programme, enforcing Health and Safety regulations and standard operating procedures at all times.
- The post holder will be expected to provide high quality services through the development and effective use of Council resources. Responsible for delivering continuous improvement that provides effective and efficient service delivery with strong focus on tangible outcomes for the Service Unit Customers.
- In accordance with personal qualifications and role within the Unit, ensure the effective and positive delivery of the Service Unit Activity Programme in line with the level of instruction required, Customer needs and Service objectives.
- Carry out administrative duties in relation to the activity programme as deemed appropriate for the particular service provided as and when required.
- Adherence to standard operating procedures including all Council and Centre policies / procedures and knowledge of the emergency action plans relevant to each facility.
- When required, and following adequate training, assist with the safe handling, erecting, dismantling and storage of equipment required for the activity / class
- Responsible for ensuring accidents / incidents are dealt with efficiently and promptly while accurately recording details in respect of potential insurance claims. Relating all details of incidents to Line Managers when necessary.
- Report any defects or damage to equipment or building to appropriate personnel in order to ensure problems are dealt with and do not pose a risk to other employees and/or customers.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer care within the activity programme and facilities, dealing with potential and existing users including enquiries and complaints.
- Enforce regulations, which directly impact on the Health & Safety and well-being of all patrons taking part in activities in the Council's facilities.
- Level 2 National Governing Body Coaching Award
- At least 6 months experience of coaching young people
- First Aid qualification (Public)
- Have attended Safeguarding Young People workshop
Full Job Description available on request
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria, please apply via the link and Leanne Garrett will be in touch if you are short listed for the role.