H&S Manager | FTC | Dublin 7
H&S MANAGER | 1 YEAR FTC | DUBLIN 7 WITH TRAVEL AROUND IRELAND
Our client based in Dublin 7, remains fully operational and has implemented comprehensive plans to keep their team healthy and safe during this time. They are committed to growing its business and developing its people. They are searching for an experienced H&S Manager to join their team on a Fixed Term Contract for One Year. This is an office based position with on-site travel required throughout Ireland starting as soon as possible. Please note there will be the opportunity to apply for a permanent opportunity within the team at the end of the FTC.
THE ROLE |
The new team member will take ownership of the health and safety function within the business and be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all the health and safety company standards, procedures and policies.
- Use knowledge and skills to promote a positive Health & Safety culture in the workplace with continuous improvement of systems and procedures in place.
- Responsible for ensuring that all stakeholders, including management and staff comply with safety legislation and that health, safety and quality policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
- Maintain and implement changes quality standard and carry out audits to ensure compliance with OHSAS 18001 standard
- Plan, develop, deliver and coordinate effective H&S training to all employees, temporary workers, contractors, and visitors to promote a strong H&S culture.
- Liaise with external stakeholders on behalf of the business
- Coordinating accident investigations; supporting the incident reporting process including investigation, cause identification and preparation of resulting recommendations
- Managing budgetary & capital needs to support health and safety initiatives, projects and programs.
- Diploma or Higher in Health & Safety Qualification or a relevant equivalent qualification
- 5 + years experience with a level 8 qualification in science with practical chemical, biochemistry or biology laboratory background is desirable
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation, Standards and Best Practice Employment Legislation
- Knowledge and experience of Safety and Quality Management Systems including OHSAS 18001 standard
- Expert knowledge of Health and Safety statutory requirements, systems and processes
- Full, clean drivers licence and ability to commute throughout Ireland on occasion for work commitments
- Experience in conducting accident/incident investigations including maintaining accurate records and drawing up reports/risk assessments for management with recommendations for corrective actions
WHY USE STAFFLINE IRELAND?
On 1st of July Grafton Recruitment Ireland became Staffline Recruitment Ireland
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about us. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. We are a leading recruitment agency offering a full recruitment solution throughout the island of Ireland and across the UK. We have branches across the island including Swords, Walkinstown and Cork with an expansion to Galway and Dundalk under way. Whether it's temporary contracts or full time employment, you can be sure that Staffline Ireland will have the right career for you.
For all of our latest opportunities please go to our website www.staffline.ie
Thank you for reading the above, should you wish to apply for the role, please send your CV via the link to Lisa McCormack in the Swords Branch.