Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Harbour and Marina Assistant to join their team.
Role : Portrush/Rathlin
Hours of work : 20-40 hrs per week ( Potential for increase to meet the demands of the service )
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.50 p/hr 13 weeks + £10.19
Main Duties :
- The successful candidate will support the Harbour Team in operating the Harbour and Marina facilities.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to the requirements and working in accordance with the governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- 1 year's experience working in the Marine/Harbour environment.
- 1 year's experience working with the general public in a customer facing role.
- English and Maths at GCSE level or equivalent( Grace C or above )
- 1 year's experience using MS Excel, Word and Outlook or a similar software package.
- Must be able to swim.
- 1 year's cash handling experience.
Desirable Criteria :
- Health and Safety awareness training.
- Relevant marine experience and qualifications.
- VHF Operator's certificate.
- RYA Advanced boat handling certificate.
- First Aid certificate.
If you are interested and MEET ALL ESSENTIAL CRITERIA please apply via the link.