Staffline are currently recruiting for our client, who are in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. They currently require two Head Chefs to oversee and manage all food preparation activities on their sites. One based in Lisburn and one in Aldergrove.
Activities and Responsibilities :-
Head Chefs are required to be flexible according to business requirements. The focus of each job may vary however, it is expected that activities will typically include the following :-
- Management of a single large kitchen and/or multiple kitchens with a team of Chefs and Assistants
- Ensure tasks are appropriately allocated so teams are fully utilised and food preparation activities are delivered using standard recipes and in line with brand standards
- Responsible for ensuring efficient execution and delivery of all food line products in line with the daily menu
- Accountable for stock flow and rotation of product within the unit
- Overall accountability for the performance of the Food Preparation team, including performance monitoring, record keeping, recruitment and development.
- Lead the team to use best practice Food Production techniques using the company's systems and brand standards.
- Determine the food offer from their standard menu to ensure it meets customer demands and is profitable
- Work alongside central development team to develop new ideas to drive or grow business or improve efficiency as agreed with the Unit Manager/Senior Unit Manager
- Handle customer complaints
- Maintain communication with all team members and third parties as required e.g. client contacts
- Ensure team meetings and daily briefings take place for all food items, necessary information and any critical updates in partnership with the Unit Manager
- Direct and coach team members to learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks, ensuring all training and development needs are met
- Ensure complete compliance with food safety and health and safety legislation
- Manage incidents, near misses and health & safety issues
- Ensure shift opening and closing checklists are maintained
- NVQ Level 3 - Culinary or equivalent
- Food Hygiene Certificate - Level 3 (intermediate)
- Food Production Management System training
- Previous experience managing a team of chefs in a busy kitchen environment
- Previous experience in a client facing role or retail branded environment
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Benjamin Martin at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.