Head Chef / Head Cook
Located in Aldergrove, BT29 4BP
£25,000 per year
This position is involves mass catering in a relaxed kitchen environment.
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to working in partnership with a leading service and solutions provider within the Northern Europe region, recruiting for a Head Chef based in County Antrim, on a full-time permanent basis.
Our client currently employs over 16,000 staff across Northern Europe and proudly supports partners and customers in food, facilities management, property services, and retail solutions.
- Management of a large kitchen or multiple kitchens with a team of Chefs and Assistants.
- Ensure tasks are appropriately allocated so teams are fully utilised and food preparation activities are delivered using standard recipes and in line with brand standards.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient execution and delivery of all food line products in line with the daily menu.
- Accountable for stock flow and rotation of product within the unit.
- Overall accountability for the performance of the Food Preparation team, including performance monitoring, record keeping, recruitment and development.
- Maintain communication with all team members and third parties as required e.g. client contacts
- Direct and coach team members to learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks, ensuring all training and development needs are met.
- Ensure complete compliance with food safety and health and safety legislation.
- Manage incidents, near misses and health & safety issues.
- Previous experience managing a team of chefs in a busy kitchen environment.
- Previous experience in a client facing role or retail branded environment.
- NVQ Level 3 - Culinary or equivalent.
- Food Hygiene Certificate - Level 3 (intermediate).
- Food Production Management System training.
- IT skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of catering finances such as costing, production, yields, wastage, as well as employee schedules and payroll.
- Shift patterns - 5 shifts a week, each shift is 8 hours between Mon - Sunday, 6.30am - 8pm.
- Additional time off over holiday periods (Easter, Summer, Christmas)
- No Staff member had previously been put on Furlough, if this was ever the case in the future, Furlough would be 100% of each employees wage.
- Uniform provided.
- Will need to complete a Counter Terrorism Check.
Please forward your CV to Dyllan Hunter at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY. You can also contact Dyllan on 07887295472.