Head Chef / Head Cook
Head Chef / Head Cook
Located in Holywood | £24,000 per year
This position is involves catering in a relaxed kitchen environment.
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to working in partnership with a leading service and solutions provider within the Northern Europe region, recruiting for a Head Chef based in Holywood, on a full-time permanent basis.
Our client currently employs over 16,000 staff across Northern Europe and proudly supports partners and customers in food, facilities management, property services, and retail solutions.
This position is Monday - Friday with occassional weekend work during events (usually 6-12 per year)
- Management of a kitchen or multiple kitchens with a team of Chefs and Assistants.
- Ensure tasks are appropriately allocated so teams are fully utilised and food preparation activities are delivered using standard recipes and in line with brand standards.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient execution and delivery of all food line products in line with the daily menu.
- Accountable for stock flow and rotation of product within the unit.
- Overall accountability for the performance of the Food Preparation team, including performance monitoring, record keeping, recruitment and development.
- Maintain communication with all team members and third parties as required e.g. client contacts
- Direct and coach team members to learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks, ensuring all training and development needs are met.
- Ensure complete compliance with food safety and health and safety legislation.
- Manage incidents, near misses and health & safety issues.
- Previous experience managing a team of chefs in a busy kitchen environment.
- Previous experience in a client facing role or retail branded environment.
- NVQ Level 3 - Culinary or equivalent.
- Food Hygiene Certificate - Level 3 (intermediate).
- Food Production Management System training.
- IT skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of catering finances such as costing, production, yields, wastage, as well as employee schedules and payroll.
- Additional time off over holiday periods (Easter, Summer, Christmas)
- No Staff member had previously been put on Furlough, if this was ever the case in the future, Furlough would be 100% of each employees wage.
- Uniform provided.
- Will need to complete a Counter Terrorism Check.
Please forward your CV to Dyllan Hunter at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY. You can also contact Dyllan on 07887295472.