|Salary||€80000 - €100000 per annum|
|Published||18 days ago|
|Contact email||Laura Craughwell|
Head of Data Protection and Data Governance - Public Sector
At Staffline Recruitment we are partnering with our client, a public sector body who have experienced significant growth and change in recent years. They are seeking to recruit Head of Data Protection and Data Governance to join their organisation on a permanent basis.
This role is a senior managerial position within the organisation, with responsibility for managing a team of professionals with responsibility for Data Protection, Data Governance and Freedom of Information.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure continued organisational compliance with Data Protection requirements, performing the role of Data Protection Officer as set out by Art. 37 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The role has responsibility for organisational policies, procedures, systems and controls as they relate to Data Protection, as well as further developing a culture of data protection awareness and responsibility across the organisation.
The Head of Data Protection and Data Governance will have also responsibility for data governance policies and procedures, ensuring appropriate systems and processes are in place across the data lifecycle. It is intended that this standardized approach to the data lifecycle will be an enabler of best practice in data protection, as well as facilitating organisational processes improvement through better data governance standards.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Overall responsibility for promoting, monitoring and further enhancing compliance with spirit and letter of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Ensure policies and procedures in respect of data protection are up to date and continuously reviewed and enhanced
- Develop systems and capabilities to monitor adherence to the policies and design and deliver staff training on data protection
- Responsible for management of data protection incidents and act as an advisor to staff and be a source of guidance across all areas of the
- Conduct or oversee the completion of data protection impact assessments of new or high- risk processing activities.
- Manage all Freedom of Information requirements, acting, from time to time, as an FOI decision maker or
- Advise the organisation of changes in legislation and regulatory requirements and ensure that policies and procedures are updated accordingly
- Lead and develop the Data Governance function, as a key enabler of best practice in data protection, as well as organisational process
- Play a primary role in driving efficient record management systems
- Oversee the development and implement an organisational data governance framework, including policies and procedures in relation to areas such as organisational data quality management, master data management and other such data governance
- Ensure that the staff are well equipped to carry out their duties
- Establish a defined remit and sustainable caseload for the team and individual staff members.
- Positively influence the team whilst maintaining momentum and motivation under
- Develop team members through effective management, coaching and mentoring
Interested candidates will meet the following requirements:
- A relevant third level qualification (e.g. Degree) and Professional Qualification in relation to Data
- At least 3 years' experience of working in a senior Data Protection role in a large or
- At least 3 years' team management experience and ability to build and lead a technical
- team within a complex
- Experience of translating regulatory requirements into practical, operational
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and awareness of the current data protection regulatory
- Experience of implementing innovation within the context of organisational change
- Ability to accurately identify and explain key issues and communicate these in an accessible manner
- Strong understanding and experience of database management and systems
- Proficient in Office 365 products, understanding of relational databases and or CRM systems
- Experience of implementing Data Governance frameworks, including elements such as data quality management, master data management and standardized data lifecycle
This is a permanent position with a salary scale in the region of €80,000 - €100,000 plus benefits.
This organisation operates a hybrid working model with a very flexible blend of office based and remote working. The successful candidate can be located anywhere in the Republic of Ireland.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send an up to date version of your cv for review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment.
For further information or to discuss in confidence call Laura directly on 086 1409232.