Head of IT Systems - Public Sector
Our client is an expanding public sector body head quartered in Dublin City Centre with office locations throughout Ireland.
They are currently seeking to recruit a Head of IT Systems Development who will lead the development and implementation of software systems for this growing organisation.
The successful candidate can operate from any of the organisation's regional offices and will be offered a blended working model.
This permanent position will have the following responsibilities:
- Plan, execute and finalise programmes of projects according to strict deadlines and within budget
- Manage the delivery of high-quality software development services throughout the Software Development Lifecycle
- Support the definition and implementation of the overall ICT strategy and technology roadmap.
- Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals
- Achieve process efficiencies through the design and implementation of software solutions and ensure value for money is achieved by the organisation from the investments made in ICT systems.
- Manage the communication process with internal and external customers and communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Draft and finalise detailed status / board reports and distribute to the various stakeholders
- Adopt a risk management approach to software delivery and ensure project RAID logs are created and managed
- Manage the procurement and budget aspects of the software development team
- Ensure full compliance with procurement processes and assist with the procurement of systems development related services
- Develop and implement training plans to support all system rollouts
- Liaise closely with other ICT unit leads to ensure the ICT function collaborates and works effectively together
- Manage, develop and support the systems development team, including project managers, developers, business analysts, testers etc. This includes following formal performance management processes
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- 5- 10 years' experience of delivering software projects and programmes of software projects
- Exceptional leadership capability with the ability to develop and communicate a vision that inspires and motivates staff
- Proven track record in process analysis, design and ICT systems implementation
- Excellent influencing skills with the confidence to deal with staff effectively at all levels throughout the organisation
- Excellent ability to develop ICT solutions based on business needs & requirements
- Proven experience of generating innovative ideas in collaboration with others (through brainstorming, mind-mapping etc.) and translating these into practical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to non-technical people
- A pro-active problem solver with the ability to pre-empt potential issues and to learn quickly and find solutions
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Experience in budget planning and financial management
A salary scale in the region of €77,000 - €92,000 plus benefits will be offered to the successful candidate who ideally will also have an interest in working in the community, voluntary or community sector.
Interviews for this position will be held the week of August 8th 2022.
To apply for this position, please send an up to date version of your cv for review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
For further information or to discuss in confidence, please call Laura directly on 086 1409232.