Head of Legal & Policy Advice
Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Head of Legal & Policy Advice to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £16.50pr hour
13+ week's £25.89pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm) - working from home
Applicants must be able to demonstrate via evidence on their application form that, by the closing date for applications, they have:-
- A third level qualification
At least 5 years' experience working in policy management roles with a minimum of 3 years' experience gained at a senior level;
Have 7 years' experience working in policy roles in the absence of a third level qualification with a minimum of 3 years' experience gained at a senior level;
- Experience managing a team of 5+ employees across multiple disciplines and managing research contracts;
- Experience in producing policy and research outputs for a range of different audiences;
- Managing a programme of policy advice and research to support and deliver business objectives;
- Knowledge of ageing policy affecting older people in Northern Ireland;
- Effective leadership and team-working skills and the ability to proactively manage the performance and development of others to achieve results;
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
The post holder will support the Chief Executive and will be a key member of the Senior Management Team.
The key purpose and function of this role will be in the following areas:
- Supporting the Commissioner and the Chief Executive in the principle aim as set out in legislation to safeguard and promote the interests of older people; offering strategic advice and recommendations on all areas of Legal and Policy Advice;
- Responsible for leading and managing the Policy and Research Team;
- Responsible for leading and managing two Legal Officers on Legal Research and producing recommendations to government for legislative change;
- Responsible for developing the Policy strategies and Annual Work programmes; including monitoring and reporting to the Commissioner and the Chief Executive on the achievement of key performance indicators;
- Identify policy priorities for COPNI and involvement in business planning and delivery;
- Influence the policy agenda of Government, political parties, commissioners, providers, and various decision makers across Northern Ireland on issues affecting older people;
- Identify, initiate and develop relationships with key policy makers and opinion formers at senior levels;
- Undertake any other duties in support of the Chief Executive Officer, as required.
This post holder manages the Policy team:
- Policy and Research Officer (direct line report)
This post holder manages the Legal Research element of the Legal team:
- Legal Officer (x2) (direct line report)
This post holder manages the administrative support function:
- Office Manager (x1; job-share) (direct line report)
A full and comprehensive job description is available on request.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**