Head of Payroll
Job title: Head of Payroll
Staffline Recruitment is Ireland's largest leading provider of Recruitment, Talent Management and HR Solutions. An established brand name with ten branch offices stretching throughout the island of Ireland with exciting strategic growth plans. Currently employing a permanent workforce of 160 employees and supplying 6000 temporary agency workers weekly to an extensive list of world-renowned clients spanning a full range of sectors.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our highly successful award winning team. We are currently wishing to recruit for a Head of Payroll to join and lead our dedicated Payroll team in Belfast. The Company is looking for someone who is highly innovative and ambitious.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for leading the Company's payroll operation in respect of both permanent staff and agency workers across the island of Ireland within the statutory rules, regulations and guidelines, ensuring payment deadlines are met in respect of the Company's Corporate and Agency payrolls.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the provision of strategic payroll function and services for the Company.
- Be the lead/subject matter expert
- Manage the accurate production of multiple payrolls ensuring deadlines are communicated and met
- Implement risk and control frameworks
- Ensure compliance with all payroll legislation (NI and ROI) and company operating procedures as well as security of employee data
- Implement the new NI payroll system for core, permanent staff
- Implement a new expenses system in conjunction with the finance team
- Lead the enhancement of payroll processes, working closely with operations on continuous improvement
- Lead TUPE and acquisition procedures
- Lead and manage all payroll and benefits projects across the Island of Ireland
- Lead a team on efficient and effective pension and benefits administration
- Work alongside the HR Department on various projects such as: Salary benchmarking, Recognition and Reward Schemes, Gender Pay Reporting etc.
- Submission all year-end returns including P14's and P60's, ensuring all staff/workers receive a P60
- Submission of P11D and P35 reports
- Report as necessary on a periodical basis to relevant management within the Finance and ensure budgets are monitored and variances are highlighted
- To develop, maintain and manage a reporting system that meets the budgeting requirements of management within the Company
- Any other reasonable adhoc duties as required
- Payroll Manager in a large, high volume, multisite organisation
- Management of a team of payroll professionals, including developing their skill sets.
- Detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation, pensions for NI and ROI.
- Experience of designing and implementing internal controls and audits.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Well developed time management system and planning ability.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- 5 GCSEs at Grades A-C (or equivalent) including English and Math
- Educated to Degree Level
- Recognised Qualification in Payroll and Pensions e.g. Diploma in Payroll Management
- Member of Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals
- An Experienced Head of Payroll including benefit responsibility, reporting to Board Level.
- Previous experience of working in a shared service, customer focused environment
- Experience of new system implementation and KPI setting
- Competitive base salary (dependant on experience)
- Generous Reward & Recognition Scheme
- 29 days annual leave including Public Holidays rising to a total of 35 days annual leave on successful completion of probation period
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance - 4 x Salary
- Hybrid Working
- Recognised qualifications and continuous professional development
To apply, please submit your CV using the link below. Closing Date for applications is Friday 13th of August 2021 at 4pm.