Head of Public Sector Credit Control
Staffline Recruitment Ireland is a leading end to end recruitment solutions provider operating across 20 industries, with 10 offices directly employing over 250 staff. We offer onsite, RPO, MSP, temporary and permanent solutions across the island of Ireland.
As a result of continued growth within public sector, we are looking to recruit a Head of Public Sector Credit Control to create an extra layer of support for the team. The role is based in our Belfast office - The Boat, 49 Queen's Square, Belfast BT1 3FG.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Credit Control Manager to become part of the managerial structure within our highly professional, award winning team. If you are interested in finding out more, send your CV to me in confidence.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you main duties will include:
- Manage and direct Public Sector Credit Control team to ensure compliance with KPI goals as set by FD, especially in relation to debtor days and elimination of clearing of debtor balances.
- Ensure efficient and timely collection of monies owed by customers, minimising debtor days to maximise cash flow.
- Manage invoice amendments and corrections within the relevant deadlines to ensure no impact on collections, liaising with branch teams regarding adjustments.
- Maintain reliable record of contract details, including accurate credit terms, to assist credit management.
- Ensure systematic and robust support to operating divisions through reports, meetings and calls to optimise collections.
- Liaise as necessary with operational divisions, payroll and customers to resolve invoicing issues.
- Monitor progress of team and assist with any queries or difficulties in relation to client invoices / payments
- Liaise with accounts team as necessary to assist in periodic cash flow forecasting.
- Record and report financial information such as the department dashboard, Debtor Days (Days Sales Orders - DSO), credits given and month end reconciliations.
- Follow strict credit control processes to ensure timely and effective management of bad debt escalations.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery to the Financial Controller in the preparation and completion of reporting templates and presentations as required.
- Review existing processes and ways of working to identify, develop, and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Review existing suite of reports to identify, develop, and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Develop the Public Sector Credit Control team.
- Provide clear and effective leadership of the team, ensuring coaching, support and development that leads to achievement of individual and team KPIs.
- Promote a culture of performance and continuous improvement, providing regular in the moment coaching that supports your team in achieving targets.
- Coach and mentor team to ensure career development and maximise potential.
- 5 years experience of working in sales ledger / credit control in a large, high volume business.
- At least 2 years' proven experience at Credit Control Manager level and management of a team in a credit control or accounts office.
- Project Management experience including review and implementation of credit control systems and procedures.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent organisational skills for effective diary planning and time management
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Relevant third level qualification.
- Institute of Credit Management (ICM) accreditation.
- Experience in Public Sector Procurement and Finance.
- Extensive experience with credit analysis.
- £30,000 - £35,000 salary.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Generous holiday allowance.
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.