Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a "Head in Safety, Health Environmental and Quality" on behalf of our client based in Co. Monaghan. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established organisation.
This role will require on site attendance however, despite the pandemic, the up most safety has been put in place to protect members of staff within this organisation to make it a safe environment.
- Setting and driving the safety culture within a rapidly growing Smart Metering team.
- You will put robust safety systems in place and be responsible for keeping these under constant review, refining and improving on them as the contract evolves.
- As the Head of SHEQ your main objective is to prevent accidents, injuries and work-related illnesses and to promote a culture where safety is placed firmly at the top of the agenda.
- You shall coach, monitor & motivate all employees to ensure they always engage in safe working practices and maintain a focus on health and safety, an excellent customer experience and quality workmanship.
- You will lead on all Health & Safety initiatives across the business and will be the lead contact with the client in respect of same.
- To fully understand the Framework Contract Document and the deliverables expected by and to the Client.
- Ensure all project deliverables are met and that project deadlines are delivered.
- Lead and manage the SHEQ Function, setting weekly agendas and individual targets for each team member.
- Provide detailed job descriptions for all employees in your department clearly setting out specific roles and responsibilities.
- Assign KPI's to each position within your team, conduct staff appraisals & monitor and review performance.
- Time Management - make best use of all employees' time by scheduling meetings which are worthwhile and measurable.
- Report weekly to Contracts Director on progress and provide a description on why KPI's have/have not been achieved. Design an action list going forward.
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the contract and senior management team's expectations.
- Deliver work outputs to meet the project requirements and to the satisfaction of the Client / Contracts Director /Senior Management Team.
- Constructively challenge processes and management decisions to bring about service improvements.
- Clearly articulate all project requirements and outcomes to all staff.
- Pro-actively contribute to value management and value engineering processes at project and programme level
- Ensure that all processes and staff in the SHEQ Department are operating at their maximum efficiency.
- Deliver high quality work that meets expectations for both timeliness and accuracy.
- Manage the work-stream across the SHEQ department.
- Complete resource planning for SHEQ projects, recognising when additional resources and/or expertise is needed and managing their involvement in the project (e.g. project onboarding and briefing).
- Support the design or development of solutions and leveraging the insights gained through research and analytics.
- Lead Client interaction/calls/presentations.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the contract - Develop solutions to reduce or eliminate risk.
- Continuous risk identification, risk evaluation, risk mitigation and contingency measure definition.
- Keep a risk register for the project to track the risks and issues identified.
- Develop a risk checklist, which is a guideline to identify risks based on the project life cycle phases.
- Produce a lesson learned report to roll out across the business after each or any LTI or other major incident
- Develop a full suite of health and safety policies and procedures to support the safety culture within the company.
- Put risk assessments and method statements in place for all roles and activities.
- Be available to investigate accidents and incidents as quickly as possible after they occur and report within the contractual timeframes.
- Put relevant and appropriate preventative and corrective actions in place following risk assessment findings, accident and incident investigations.
- Develop health and safety training programmes for installers and office staff.
- Carry out fire risk assessments and organise emergency evacuation training.
- Conduct Safety, Quality, Environmental audits across the entire Installations Metering project.
- Participate in organisation Installations offices, warehouse auditing.
- Vehicle check auditing and corrective actions.
- Tools & Equipment and PPE auditing.
- Ensure send backs to jobs are reduced week on week.
- Accident and incident investigation from beginning to end.
- Be a point of contact for line managers in relation to H&S policies and procedures and relevant H&S legislation, particularly around lone working.
- You may be asked to conduct appraisals; toolbox talks, disciplinary and return to work interviews where necessary.
- Designing and delivering Health & Safety induction programs for new employees or contractors working on site.
- Complete all mandatory training.
- Ability to train / coach frontline team members following issues identified during audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working flexibly when scope or prioritisation changes are made or required
- Adapt to job role and responsibility changes as determined by business needs.
- Previous experience of a senior SHEQ role within the utilities sector.
- Understanding and experience of implementation of ISO45001, ISO14001 and ISO9001 construction technology and methods.
- Demonstrable experience of relevant SHEQ legislation.
- Safe Pass / ECS card and Testing & Inspection are desirable.
- Desirable Qualification Criteria:
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Diploma in Applied Health and Safety or equivalent qualification or qualification by experience
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice;
- Chartered membership of IOSH
If you meet the requiremnts for this role please apply now or contact firstname.lastname@example.org