Health and Fitness Officer
The Client: Local Government body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
To be responsible to the Gym & Sales Co-Ordinator for the delivery of innovative health and fitness programmes.
To provide and maintain a quality customer service, including devising and delivering health and fitness instruction programmes, centre based coaching classes and exercise referral ie PARs/Healthwise) and rehabilitation programmes.
To ensure that facilities are clean and well prepared, all relevant equipment is serviceable and properly handled/set up/taken down. All Health and Safety and hygiene standards to be maintained at all times in accordance with current Quality System and relevant legislation.
The post holder may undertake other duties relevant to the post reasonably assigned by the Gym & Sales Co-Ordinator or relevant Duty Manager/Senior Leisure Assistant, including cover for sickness, leave, staff vacancies and other operational cover as and when required.
Hours of work: 37hrs per week
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
- Five GCSE passes at grade A-C, NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Possess a recognised and current coaching qualification for Fitness & Gym Instruction Level 2
- A minimum of two years experience in lifestyle and fitness testing and health promotion within the Leisure Industry
Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in 1.1 they must demonstrate a minimum of four years experience as outlined in 1.3 above
- It is desirable that applicants hold the following qualifications:
- Additional Coaching Qualification
- A recognised lifeguard award
- A recognised qualification in coaching/instructor qualifications relevant to Council's current Vitality Membership classes programme
- Experience in the operation of a computerised booking/cash system
- Rate of Pay: £10.60 p/hr
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.