Health & Safety Coordinator - Public Sector
Health and Safety Coordinator - Public Sector
At Staffline Recruitment we are seeking a qualified and experienced Health and Safety Coordinator to take up a contract position with a prominent public sector body with Dublin City Centre head quarters.
The purpose of this position will be to coordinate the Health & Safety operations for all offices nationwide and all domestic work spaces. Reporting to the Facilities/Health and Safety manager this role will play a key part in ensuring that the organisation are meeting statutory requirements and obligations, ensuring a high-quality service and high customer satisfaction.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate operations in relation to H&S in the workplace
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all statutory compliance obligations
- Drive a positive H&S culture throughout the company
- Own the H&S helpdesk and assist staff with H&S requests
- Regularly review and update Company Safety Statement and Risk Assessments with the H&S Manager
- Development of a domestic work place management and tracking system
- Refine audit approach on statutory compliance maintenance and operations
- Manage risk assessments, ensuring compliance with all statutory obligations
- Responsible for ensuring local fire registers are up to date
- Address any issues arising to ensure all risks and associated hazards are appropriately managed
- Provide Support to all directorates in identifying and managing risks
- Provide support to directorates in developing H&S SOPs
- Provide expert advice on use of PPE for various roles
- Own the annual Fire Drill Operations for every building
- Work with L&D to ensure that each building has trained First Aiders and Fire Wardens
- Work with L&D to identify and roll out mandatory H&S training for all staff and managers- onboarding and inductions included.
- Carry out Ergonomic and VDU assessments and Audits
- Own accident and incident investigation process
- Produce and circulate regular H&S internal communications
- Collate and interpret relevant data to produce regular reports on H&S performance
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Degree Qualified in Health and Safety discipline is essential, Such as Occupational Health, Health and Safety Management etc
- Full clean driving licence and car ownership
- At least 3 years' post grad experience of working exclusively as a Health and Safety Professional in a multi-location setting
- Possess a demonstrable knowledge of the Irish H&S legislation and Regulations
- A comprehensive understanding of Irish Law relating to H&S
- Comprehensive understanding of Risk Assessment/Method Statement creation and review programmes
- Comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Full understanding of Legionella control requirements
- Demonstrated expertise with Occupational Health & Safety legislation
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent customer services skills
This position is to cover a maternity leave and will be offered as a 12 month contract. A salary scale of €50,000 - €63,000 will apply to this role and the salary offered will depend on experience.
To apply, please send an up to date version of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
For further information, please call Laura directly on 086 1409232.