Health and Safety Officer
Staffline Recruitment is currently offering Helth and Safety Office pemanent role for our Client based in Ballymena.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
· Development and implementation of policies, procedures and safe systems of work in all areas of the business and communication of same.
· Work with the Production Management team to develop a positive business culture and behaviour towards HSE, involving all employees with emphasis on risk assessment, preventative / corrective actions, accident investigation and PPE adherence - with the aim to minimize accidents and incidents.
· Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental law and best practice on an ongoing basis.
· Provide regular written reports, measurement and reporting of KPIs, guidance and advice to senior management.
· Undertake regular inspections and audits to an agreed schedule, and actively manage, participate and report on safety meetings to review, coordinate and audit HSE performance and practices.
· Increase and maintain employee and contractor awareness of HSE issues.
· Manage and develop risk assessment program and associated corrective action reviews, and assist with the completion of risk assessments and with creating, documenting, updating and implementing safe working procedures.
· Deliver training sessions on relevant HSE aspects & work with the Human Resources Officer to ensure training records are maintained.
· Ensure the proper management, corrective and preventive actions for accidents and near misses, dangerous occurrences and occupational health issues, analysing trends and root causes.
· Liaison with local authorities, e.g. HSE(NI), Mid & East Antrim Council and also Company Insurers in respect of compliance issues and claims.
· Undertake any other function or duties consistent with the effective execution of this role
Demonstrable post graduate experience in a health and safety / environmental role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Experience of health, safety and environmental management systems.
Experience in delivering presentations/training sessions.
Be able to demonstrate a drive and passion for improvement of HSE systems while positively influencing company culture working with established team members.
Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
Competent in use of Microsoft Office programs.
Good working Knowledge of ISO45001 & ISO14001.
Third level qualification in a relevant Health & Safety / Environmental discipline.
NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
Demonstrated continual professional development; keeping up to date with new Health and Safety legislation.
Broad understanding and experience of Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation and Codes of Practice.
Hours of work (flexible):
Mon - Thu: 7.00am - 5.15pm (4 day working week)
Mon - Thu: 8.00am - 5.00pm
Fri: 8:00 - 1:00pm
If you would like to apply please send your CV to email@example.com