Health Development Worker
Staffline are recruiting for a Health Development Worker for our client Causeway Coast & Glens Borough Council, based at Roe Valley leisure centre however when required you will be asked to work flexibly throughout the Council areas, ensuring that resources are deployed effectively and in order to respond to service priorities and to facilitate professional development.
Main Purpose of Post
- Work with project-co-ordinator and delivery team to Identify, organise and implement health and well-being, educational programmes and events, to develop and encourage health and well-being for the communities of the Neighbourhood Renewal (NR) areas.
- To liaise with appropriate statutory, community and voluntary agencies to ensure complementarity in delivering programmes in the NR areas.
- To work with project coordinator and delivery team to identify and secure resources from various bodies to help sustain long-term health programme delivery.
- To ensure that programmes are targeted, organised and implemented appropriately within the NR areas.
- To work with the delivery team to develop a training programme appropriate to NR need.
- To deliver and source trainers to deliver health programmes, projects and services.
- Research and cost all aspects of proposed programmes keeping within budget parameters.
- Work in association with the administrator to ensure that proper financial records of programme development are kept up to date, including the recording and reporting of all in-kind contributions towards programme development.
- Implement the agreed monitoring and evaluation framework identified for the programme.
- Third level qualification in a relevant subject, for example leisure, health promotion/social services and well-being.
- One year's experience of implementing community development, health, education or youth programmes to include:
(a) designing, planning and delivering programmes and activities.
(b) budgeting for programmes services and activities.
(c) facilitating, group and leadership work.
(d) working with multi agency sector organisations.
(e) monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- Alternatively consideration will be given to candidates who do not have a third level qualification but can demonstrate, on the application form by providing personal and specific examples two year's experience of implementing community development, health, education or youth programmes to include (a) - (e) listed above.
- Level 3 in Physical Activity Referral Scheme qualification and/or Level 3 Fitness qualification.
- One year's experience delivering and working with high risk clients and condition management.
- One year's experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 2564 2699.