Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Manager (QHSE - Manager) on behalf of our client to join their team in the Dundalk Area. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very well-established organisation.
The QHSE - Manager is a key driver in generating a culture of high quality, continuous improvement and excellent safety and environmental management throughout the organisation. You will proactively communicate the quality objectives of senior management to all employees. Central to this is the communication of internal non-conformances, customer issues and requirements as well as improvement activities. You will ensure that our customers receive the very highest standards in quality from the organisation. The measurement and communication of cost of quality and conducting of internal QHSE audits will also form a key element of this role.
The QHSE-Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient independent management of our quality system and department. They will hold a strategic role and deal with preparation, co-ordinating and leading the company wide quality assurance agenda to ensure that the products and service we provide is fit for purpose and in compliance with industry best practice and standards.
- Implement and Maintain a Quality Management System consisting of both Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Health & Safety
- Customer & Supplier audits including accreditations
- QMS Training
- Associated KPI reporting
Responsibilities and Duties:
Strategy, Development & Continuous Improvement of QHSE
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Create, implement, and keep relevant a companywide quality infrastructure to assure quality at all levels and work with relevant teams to ensure performance improvement is achieved
- Drive a zero-tolerance mindset for deviation from the use of quality processes to ensure Excellence in Customer Service is achieved and maintained
- Ensure that Quality Objectives are set with senior management for measuring the performance of the QMS and that these are regularly reviewed
- Provide a safe working environment, adhering to HSA procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team and relevant Risk Assessments are undertaken
- Develop and maintain metrics/KPIs, reports, process documentation, quality logs, training and safety records
- Continuously review ways to aid efficiency, add value and reduce costs as well as delivering continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure that staff comply to health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Champion lean quality problem solving techniques
- Continuous delivery and improvement of communication of a quality message across departments and function
Specific Product Quality - Key Aspects
- Effectively interact with suppliers and other teams and individuals to ensure the achievement of quality products.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization, ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements.
- Carry out required quality audits (to include housekeeping and safety standards) and carry out random quality control through all the process. - Liaise with other Managers and trend / report all audit / sampling results.
Customers & Suppliers:
- Ensure that all customer quality related queries /issues/complaints are dealt with in a professional and speedy manner
- Manage product returns process
- Ensure that regular assessments of customer satisfaction are carried out and that consequent improvements are identified and implemented
- Ensure that effective corrective and preventative actions are agreed and implemented in full
- Ensure that all suppliers used by the organization are selected, evaluated and re-evaluated and that records of this assessment are maintained.
- Work with external providers on the resolution of all quality related issues
- Lead member of Safety Taskforce/Committee, developing our 'Safety Culture'
- Ensure statutory compliance with all laws & regulations
- Perform Risk Assessments, Safety Audits and Maintain Safety Management System, Records and associated KPI's
- Perform Accident and Incident investigations
- Identify Training needs & Track employee compliance
- Prepare SOPs for all warehouse and operatives' tasks
- Prepare & analysis Safety Data to drive continuous improvement
- Communicates workplace safety precautions to employees and contractors
- Develop & Maintain a master list of all facilities and required preventative maintenance (PM)
- Ensure security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly (Alarm) Monitoring, Fire Alarm Monitoring, Emergency Evacuation procedures
- Manages and reviews all facility service contracts including associated work compliance.
- Maintain and manage work permits system and compliance records
- Ensure that all new staff are inducted into the requirements of the QMS Safety & Environmental Standard relating to their role and responsibilities
- Provide update training as required and when necessary
- Identify re-training needs and work with other Managers to ensure that planned training is carried out.
Key Performance Indicators covering the following topics
- Embedding a formalised Quality Management System (QMS) covering both QA & QC
- Ensure the required safety and environmental standards are developed, implemented, and adhered to
- Achievement of ISO 9001 quality standard
- Maintain an acceptable level of Cost of Quality - Internal and External
- Customer complaints
- NCRs - % closed out
- H&S Near misses
- Audit reviews compliance and performance
Qualifications & Experience:
- An academic award in Quality and Safety Management at level 6 (or higher) is essential
- A good understanding of Environmental Management.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of working at a senior level in a business environment
- Experience in conducting quality audits and other assurance mechanisms for quality and safety
- Experience of delivering training programmes
- Experience of conducting incident investigations
- Experience in developing and implementing standards, policies, procedures and guidance
If you have any interest in this role please apply now or contact email@example.com